Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper version of Nigella's fir tree bundt tin?

(6 Posts)
MidnightinMoscow Mon 08-Oct-12 16:44:48

Anyone know where I can pick one up? I really want to make this cake, but £30 for a cake tin you are going to use only once year seems a bit steep.

TIA

nettie Mon 08-Oct-12 16:52:15

There is a shop near to us that rents shaped tins out, no idea how much it costs but there could be something similar in your area?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 08-Oct-12 19:19:26

YY to renting one to see if you like the result.

Cheap cake tins are a waste of money IMHO, but I'd shock at £30 for a once-a-year tin.

And if you hire one, it'll be 'seasoned'.

desperateforaholiday Mon 08-Oct-12 21:10:09

I bought a silicone one from eBay, I think it cost around £8, I've only used it once and the tree tops stuck in the mould, that may have been my fault though blush

MidnightinMoscow Tue 09-Oct-12 08:50:12

Thanks for all the replies. Great idea about the renting, we have a place near here too so I'll check it out.

I have never had much luck with silicone either, although I find it works better with that cake glide stuff from Lakeland.

Approximately Tue 09-Oct-12 11:08:46

I bought the Fir Bundt tin last year after much ummming and ahhhing. I put it in my amazon basket and watched it till the price dropped. Think I paid 20 for it in the end. It really is a fantastic tin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now