Talk

Advanced search

Please help, what are you buying your 5-6 year old daughter?

(35 Posts)
rainbowriver Mon 08-Oct-12 16:18:41

Mine has asked for a few things but the reviews are all crap.

Do I buy them for her anyway? What else can I get?

She's asked for Monster High, Baby Alive, Secret Journal, Twister Dance, Barbie wardrobe and the big NO is an i-pad!

Oh and a Barbie MP3 player?

Oh help!

fuzzpig Mon 08-Oct-12 18:00:06

My DD (will be 5.6 at Xmas) hasn't properly asked for anything, but I have got her the barbie ultimate closet - no way in hell would I have paid £30 for it but it was half price on amazon a while ago. Uggggh but she will love it.

Her main present is a playmobil castle to share with her brother (will be 3.4).

Apart from that it is basically going to be craft stuff - so lots to open, probably plenty of girly tat, but that will get used up over the holidays!

Marne Mon 08-Oct-12 20:26:54

Dd2 wants :
moshi monster HQ
Kirby toys (which are not easy to track down)
Lego
Mr men books and toys

Beamur Mon 08-Oct-12 20:29:31

I'm contemplating a Furby
Knee pads (for skating)
Maybe a bike from GP's
DD has mentioned some kind of vet/van/animal rescue thing she's seen on TV and now wants
Sylvanian family of some kind

AndiMac Mon 08-Oct-12 20:30:36

My five year old turns six in December, so with two lots of presents to buy, I am watching this thread closely to see how it develops.

DorsetKnob Mon 08-Oct-12 20:31:53

DD who will be 7 in January is getting a den kit, a cd player, Wand erections CD and some lego.

RobinSparkles Mon 08-Oct-12 20:34:54

DD1 is getting a bike. She learned to ride her bike without stabiliser over the summer but her old bike was one that she had since she was 2 grin and actually broke,so she's desperate for a new one.

My sister is getting her a Rapunzel dressing up outfit and she has asked for Zoobles.

AndiMac Mon 08-Oct-12 21:04:02

Oooh, I like that den kit idea! Although I'm far too cheap to buy a kit, I will probably try and get the right things off eBay or Amazon. She has a cubby space under her cabin bed and I could get her things like pillows, blankets and such to fill out rather than all the clothes from the drawers and dirty laundry basket, mixed together

Inneedofbrandy Mon 08-Oct-12 21:39:09

My dd (6) is getting barbie hair extension thingy, make up set, scrap book box, crystal tattoo kit and main present will be ipod speakers and itunes voucher for audio books. She really really wants rollar blades, but I'm goinjg to get them on her birthday (just after xmas) with her to make sure they'l fit.

My family go completely mad and she will end up triple with what I've put down, think Wii games 3ds games money and god knows what else.

LeFreak Mon 08-Oct-12 21:50:39

DD (5) wants:

Lalaloopsy dol
A chocolate coin maker
Sylvanian pandas

I'll get her the lalaloopsy crap
I've got her a cheapo pillow pet from Home Bargains
Books
But I'm not getting the chocolate coin maker or the pandas (devilish things with their tiny removable clothes)

loubielou31 Mon 08-Oct-12 21:53:36

My DD has just had her 5th birthday, She got Barbie Camper van Barbie Sisters to go in it.
a make up set,
a sticky mosaic craft set
some big girl nighties, not pyjamas and a piggy bank.
She has loved all of it.

That might help someone

for Christmas there will be some more Mosaic Kits, I'm not sure what else yet

loubielou31 Mon 08-Oct-12 21:57:39

The Barbie Camper Van and Barbie Sisters are two separate links, sorry it's not that clear.

Mypopcornface Mon 08-Oct-12 22:06:30

It is the m third time I'm asking: cheap tablet, innotab or leap frog thing?

Inneedofbrandy Mon 08-Oct-12 22:09:04

Mypop go for the tablet, it will last and won't need to be upgraded to a grown up one later. Plus way more things to be able to do. There was a thread the other day linking to a cheap £120 one with really really good reviews all over the net.

Taffeta Mon 08-Oct-12 22:13:49

My DD (6) is mainly getting the family present - which is the Wii U.

Apart from that, she will get an MP3 player as she's music mad and some annuals.

I also have got her the Moshi Monsters advent calendar, which she will LOVE smile

Mypopcornface Mon 08-Oct-12 22:18:53

Inne do you remember the maker? I am leaning towards the cheap tablet but also wondering if dd will feel entitled and spiked having her own 'iPad' iykwim

Inneedofbrandy Mon 08-Oct-12 22:26:32

ARCHOS 70 8 GB Internet Tablet its £100.90 not 120. I wouldn't think she would feel entitled, get a load of educational apps and look at it as help.

BonzoDooDah Mon 08-Oct-12 22:32:28

OOoh watching this as DD is 5-6 too.
I already have a playmobil house from a nearly new sale and will maybe get some Sylvanian shite tat animals.
I have a big sticker book and loads of books (Lauren Child, Nick Sherratt, Quentin Blake).

Inneedofbrandy Mon 08-Oct-12 22:34:35

My mums just bought both my dc JDbugs for £20 quid in halfords, the last 2 in stock in Bristol shock

Waswondering Mon 08-Oct-12 22:34:43

(Marks place)

GummiberryJuice Mon 08-Oct-12 22:40:30

Op have you stole my dds list, I looked at Barbie wardrobe, my dd thinks it comes with a Barbie

I'm trying to talk her into a new kitchen, I'm fed up with the bloody Disney princess one and want her to get Ikea one

Rindercella Mon 08-Oct-12 22:47:36

Marking my place.

The one thing DD (who will be 5.4 at Christmas) has asked for is a Barbie horse set, which I guess she will be getting. Other than that I am a little stuck for ideas.

mumblecrumble Mon 08-Oct-12 22:49:11

My DD would like a ham sandwich

Inneedofbrandy Mon 08-Oct-12 22:54:05

The walking barbie horse thing is on the home bargains website atm

SausageDogBusyStreet Mon 08-Oct-12 22:55:21

My 5 year old dc will be getting bikes, ebay job lot playmobil and sylvanian job lot for birthday and christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now