Talk

Advanced search

What are you buying your DD14 this year?????

(16 Posts)
BerryBlast Mon 08-Oct-12 14:34:09

Totally stuck on ideas for small presents/advent boot presents for my DD 14 (well, actually will be 14 in December!) so please share your ideas for presents, please.

Annunziata Mon 08-Oct-12 15:59:30

Oh, glad I found this. I'm a bit stuck. Mine is really into baking, so I was thinking to get her lots of little decorating things, maybe cases and bases and the like?

BerryBlast Mon 08-Oct-12 16:15:49

That's a good idea, a trip to Lakeland could be in order smile. One idea I've got for DD is a friendship bracelet - the twisted threads of cotton type, all the kids at school wear them. No idea where I'll get one from though!

insanityscratching Mon 08-Oct-12 16:30:42

Dd likes vouchers, itunes, cinema, amazon, fluffy socks, nice gloves, stationery, a scarf, wellies, ear muff headphones, nail varnish, books, dvd's. Stuff for her room, photo frames, cushions, mirror, lap pad for her laptop, smellies, sweets, umbrella, slanket.

fuzzpig Mon 08-Oct-12 16:44:32

My DSDs are 14. Small presents include:

Mockingjay necklace or brooch (hunger games fan!)
Woman in black book as she liked the film, and some other teenage fiction books
Mini speakers for their iPods
Big bang theory stuff (poster, not sure what else yet)
Make your own bracelet stuff
Possibly cinema voucher and Shakeaway vouchers!

rhondajean Mon 08-Oct-12 19:39:23

My dd will only be 13 but small presents include...

Little cushion for her room (£8 in sainsburys)

String of fairy lights for her room

Cookie monster tee shirt

iTunes voucher

Amazon voucher for her kindle

Little lush gift set (think hte one I had my eye on is called out of this world)

Drumstick pencils from boots 3 for 2

Annunziata Mon 08-Oct-12 20:17:00

Fairtrade shops sometimes do little bracelets like that sometimes!

Yep, I'm going to go into Lakeland and maybe pick up a nice basket and fill it with goodies. I'm going to wait a while though and see if it's just a fad! I'll raid the Topshop jewellery stand too.

MoominmammasHandbag Mon 08-Oct-12 20:43:33

I think Lakeland tins are pretty expensive and not that amazing quality wise. I've bought some really decent red baking tins from ikea - your money would go a lot further there.

BerryBlast Mon 08-Oct-12 20:50:25

Oh, thanks for all the idea's - this really helps thanks

mockeveryweek Mon 08-Oct-12 20:59:12

If anyone's DD likes cookie monster stuff, I just got DD some CM pjs in Teso for £7. I thought that was a bit of a bargain.

fuzzpig Mon 08-Oct-12 21:22:18

I wonder if I can get cookie monster jammies for my 3yo DS grin

rhondajean Mon 08-Oct-12 21:33:27

Mock I hate to do this but ie just been to tesco website to look for them for dd and they are half price on there! £3.50.

Annunziata Mon 08-Oct-12 21:37:33

Thanks for the tip, moomin!

BerryBlast Wed 10-Oct-12 21:40:27

Bumping in case anyone else has any ideas, please smile

Coffeeformeplease Wed 10-Oct-12 21:47:49

My DD will be 14 in December, too shock my baby.
She will get a mirror in violin shape for her room (amazon), bath bombs from Lush, her own set of nail scissors, tweezers, etc, a new charm for her bracelet, an anime poster (if I can find a nice one), otherwise a Merlin poster, some nice new bed linen and a new note book (she writes stories).
That's x-mas and birthday.

BerryBlast Thu 11-Oct-12 14:20:55

coffee thanks for the ideas - I'm going to pinch your idea of an anime poster, as DD does a lot of these manga style drawings herself, so a poster would be perfect smile
I've ordered my DD one of the Emma Bridgewater animal mugs, as well (we've got a Golden Retriever mutt !)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now