Talk

Advanced search

Lego Friends Advent Calendar?

(14 Posts)
Mooq Sun 07-Oct-12 21:40:08

Great idea, or a big, fat waste of money??! here

Waitingforastartofall Sun 07-Oct-12 21:56:18

I've just bought the playmobil post office for 14 pound off amazon, it looks lovely to build the scene and can either be reused or added to collection of pm so hopefully a good buy..v exciting for the dcs anyway! X

Mooq Sun 07-Oct-12 22:08:01

Ooo, I like the Playmobil ones more than Lego. They are cute, aren't they? smile

WidowWadman Sun 07-Oct-12 22:15:02

Having had both, Playmobil is better value for money in terms of how much you actually get. And the Friends product line is loathsome.

3duracellbunnies Sun 07-Oct-12 22:29:54

I'm putting a bit of a mini figure behind each of the wooden advent calendar doors (along with some other bits). Each child will be able to build their own mini fig from the bits, plus maybe a shared santa one if I can bring myself to fork out for one on ebay. Will hopefully draw out the archeologist or forensic scientist in them, finding a different body part each day.

Waitingforastartofall Mon 08-Oct-12 11:39:43

It's supposed to be comin today so ill let you know what i think, does look better value and more traditional tho x

Waitingforastartofall Mon 08-Oct-12 14:27:42

Has just arrived and does look lovely, I'm planning to take the sleeve off cause otherwise it gives away what's behind the door! But is well made and the dc will love it

IWantAnotherBaby Mon 08-Oct-12 17:11:49

I have bought it for DD (4); it arrived at the weekend. Having seen it I can safely say she will absolutely adore it. She has a few of the Lego friends sets and thinks they are wonderful.

She has had playmobil advent calendars in the past, and they're OK too, but she has hankered after her brother's Lego calendars in the past (and the element of building something each day is a major advantage over the playmobil ones).

Waitingforastartofall Mon 08-Oct-12 17:20:57

does the lego one show whats in it? :S im baffled as to why santa arrives on day 6 on the playmobil and the christmas tree not till the 24th according to the back sleeve. surely would make more sense the other way around

WidowWadman Mon 08-Oct-12 19:37:07

Santa arriving on the 6th makes sense to me - but then I'm from Germany, where St Nikolaus comes on the 6th, leaving little presents in the children's boots which are left outside the door over night.

Waitingforastartofall Mon 08-Oct-12 19:53:14

Ah i never knew that smile learn something new every day smile

OhTheConfusion Mon 08-Oct-12 19:55:00

Boots have the lego advent calendars in their 3 for 2. Lego city is in stock but the friends one is currently saying 'stock coming soon'.

zipzap Mon 08-Oct-12 21:04:12

waiting it's so that you your dc can play with santa before his arrival and get excited about him coming. Whereas christmas tree - nice to see it there but not nearly as playable with.

Suspect it might have something to do with lots of hassled parents getting grief from their dc who every night get grumpy when Santa doesn't appear, even though they know he is not appearing until Christmas eve. Seem to remember in the past that I wished santa appeared earlier (so he could make a photo appearance in some photo christmas cards) and so that the dc could just play with him!

I also like the santa set of happyland people in ELC - not sure if they are doing this year. Even though dh thinks dc are a bit old for it, I still get them out and will continue to do so each year for ever Not an advent calendar per se but a cute set none the less grin

Waitingforastartofall Mon 08-Oct-12 22:32:57

haha that makes alot more sense, it does look very good ive always wanted to get one but never had the spare cash this year ive had amazon vouchers. Oooh we have lots of happyland that would be brill, ill have a look. Dc are between 5-10 and still play with happyland so im sure i could squeeze some use out of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now