Talk

Advanced search

can anyone help on ideas for presents for adults

(18 Posts)
steph2412 Sun 07-Oct-12 18:54:09

Hi everyone each year all of my family like to receive vouchers or money. i have nans grandads aunts and uncles normally this has been fine but this year our dcs are that bit older need more expensive toys we have a baby on the way and im now a sahm only dh works. so i want to get them all a gift that they will appreciate just as much with all the 3 for 2s and offers im hoping i can get them a lovely gift on smaller budget about £20pp. sorry its long!all ideas gratefully receive. tia

TwllBach Sun 07-Oct-12 18:55:59

You could sign up to the last minute website? If they all live int he same area you could get them all theatre tickets/afternoon tea somewhere nice for around the budget you're looking at. I get my mum something from there every year!

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sun 07-Oct-12 19:35:17

Would they appreciate a mini hamper of things like wine, bottled beer, edible treats, small baileys, naice bubble bath, nuts, candle, nice mug/glass, playing cards, keyring, cinema tickets, DVD, popcorn etc

For a couple you'd have £40 ish? Hamper type presents aren't for everyone though-for you to judge.

Or theatre/cinema tickets or something?

Home made flavoured vodka?

wafflingworrier Sun 07-Oct-12 19:50:42

amnesty international website has some great presents, and that way if they don't like them at least you know the money has been well spent! :D
otherwise how about a really good but obscure DVD, book, packet of microwave popcorn and a babysitting voucher-so you give them and evening in and owe them an evening out? cinemas do vouchers, otherwise you could do homemade vouchers, eg "I.o.u a trip to a farm shop and a coffee+cake together" "i.o.u an afternoon of gardening/cleaning/cleaning your car" etc.
nice garden stuff for older people can be good, so buy a chea flower pot+bulbs, get your little ones to decorate it and plant them in before christmas, then with the £17.00 spare get something like a nice picnick blanket from the national trust website, or fancy/novelty gardening gloves?

wafflingworrier Sun 07-Oct-12 19:55:18

also someone on a different thread mentioned making vanilla sugar+putting in nice airtight jars for people so they can use it all year in baking, could make this then buy a set of nice cake tins or again I.O.U them a homemade cake (give after xmas as they will appreciate more)
i also used to make "happy jars" for my aunt, so whenever she felt down just open it and pick something out. filled it with hard boiled sweets, little bits of paper scrunched up with upbeat quotes on etc., you could do a grown up version eg some lame/dirty jokes, a few pound coins, buy some more expensive individually wrapped chocolates, put in some makeup or something, wrap it all up individually so that they can open throughout the year when they want to treat themselves. can stick i.o.u in there too?

Shelium Sun 07-Oct-12 20:02:20

Do any of them like cooking? My sis got DH a 3 month subscription from season&spice which cost just under £20, and was LOVELY! A really unusua and thoughtful gift smile

Shelium Sun 07-Oct-12 20:05:22

I've not yet looked at this site, am just about to - but the guardian had a list of interesting looking gift ideas for differing budgets last year.

steph2412 Sun 07-Oct-12 20:07:37

Thanks so much for all the replies thats a few ideas!

MooseyMoo Sun 07-Oct-12 20:12:12

Oh, shelium, that's a brilliant idea. Will be a lovely gift for my foodie DH. Thanks for link thanks

Edma Mon 08-Oct-12 20:48:29

Love the idea Shelium! Thank you!

snowballinashoebox Mon 08-Oct-12 21:27:27

Shelium you are fab can't thank you enough for that link.

Shelium Mon 08-Oct-12 21:33:33

smile Glad to be of help smile And my first ever flowers blush

suebfg Mon 08-Oct-12 21:38:20

I LOVE the washing up brush

www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2011/nov/18/christmas-gift-ideas-stocking-fillers-under-five-pounds

ChristmasKate Tue 09-Oct-12 22:50:15

Shelium you have just made my dads boring hamper a very spicy surprise.

Have your second bunch thanks

snowballinashoebox Wed 10-Oct-12 15:29:25

Just taken delivery of mine so have to add thanks to sheliums flower shop.
And no p&p either.

fedupofnamechanging Wed 10-Oct-12 19:34:20

wafflingworrier thank you so much for the happy box idea - you have just solved my dilemma of what to buy for my mil and my brother and his gf, who are all very hard to buy for!

hattifattner Wed 10-Oct-12 19:45:12

shelium thank you for that link, what a great gift! DSIL and DBIL sorted!!

Edma Wed 10-Oct-12 21:56:49

yes, thanks Shelium. DBIL AND DSIL sorted! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now