Talk

Advanced search

Are all fireman Sam toys utter crap?

(9 Posts)
Onlyhappywhenitrains Thu 04-Oct-12 16:38:36

Ds loves fireman Sam but the toys appear to be a bit rubbish looking at amazon reviews.
Are any of them ok? I know he'd like them but will get frustrated if they fall apart etc.

Thanks

armani Thu 04-Oct-12 17:09:03

Yes they are flimsy crap! I bought ds a load for Christmas last year and none of the buildings or cars have doors left sad

The figures aren't bad tbh, they have lasted but are quite expensive.

I would buy a wooden fire station and some fireman Sam figures to go with it and maybe the fire engine, as ds still plays with his.

sagelynodding Thu 04-Oct-12 17:19:29

I was disappointed in the fire station bought last year-flimsy and surprisingly small, the folding doors fell off in about 5 minutes as they didn't fit the rails properly, the turntable is actually a piece of cardboard and doesn't stay attached to the building....I could go on!

Needless to say, DS1 loves it (still plays with it now) An expensive piece of tat!

BlueberryHill Thu 04-Oct-12 17:28:54

Yes, and I had to keep putting the figures back in the trucks etc as they kept coming out.

IsItMeOr Fri 05-Oct-12 11:07:56

We only had Jupiter and it is very flimsy. Depending on age, DS had the playmobil fire engine with ladder for his 3rd birthday, and that is much more robust. Wouldn't do for younger though I think because lots of small bits. Although I put some of the smallest bits away come to think of it - now where did I put them?!

There is a wooden fire engine and fire station from Pintoy, which DS always gravitates towards if he sees it in a shop. My worry about that was the sheer weight of the wooden roof, which I worried could hurt if dropped/thrown. No problems with the playmobil.

DS also has a fireman sam umbrella, and that's fine.

BlueChampagne Fri 05-Oct-12 13:17:17

We only have Jupiter and it seems quite good. Am amazed there are no official Fireman Sam costumes though. They HAVE to have a navy jacket and yellow trousers (according to DS2). Best I have found is here if that helps anyone. Have just ordered one for DS2's birthday.

SecretCermonials Fri 05-Oct-12 13:20:47

The FS dress up set is hugely over priced cheap shite. The fire station is ok but similarly flimsy. Jupiters doors come off but we re-affix them. Not impressed with the quality of the range but DS loves sam so we continue to purchase the range. Dress up set went in the bin though and is being replaced with a proper set and christmas.

shelley72 Fri 05-Oct-12 13:23:48

well i am going to go against everyone here and say that they have lasted in our house quite well. DS is now 5 and we have been buying since he was 3 (now have all of pontypandy ;-)). it has withstood hours of play with both him and little sister. though for plastic stuff it can be quite pricey

IsItMeOr Fri 05-Oct-12 21:38:43

Ooh, DS loves his 3-in-1 emergency services reversible outfit - black one side and green the other. He doesn't seem to mind that it's not navy like FS's.

It's made by dress up by design, and is fantastic quality. Not cheap, but you can find a reasonable price if you shop around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now