Talk

Advanced search

Holiday Home Run thread

(16 Posts)
BollocksToKarma Thu 04-Oct-12 07:41:48

It's October, time to start finalising lists, plans and themes. Hunting out the bargins, stores and decorations. Making (if you haven't already) a few bits for the cupboard and to hang up.

We've spent a crap summer looking forward to this, now it's time to get extra excited!

Bring it on!

shinybaubles Thu 04-Oct-12 11:19:36

I agree and am all set to start planning if only the pils would decide if they are coming, if they are coming it will all have to be a little more formal, than if it's just dsis and dbil.

ChestyNut Thu 04-Oct-12 11:24:34

Yay I found you!

<<waves>>

I luuuurve Christmas! Even working Christmas morning won't put me off.

Is it too early for the decorations? wink

BollocksToKarma Thu 04-Oct-12 11:29:32

It can't be too early for decorations..the best bit so far has to be that "tasting" of the food that I want for Christmas Dinner....you HAVE to have a trial run, or four, complete with chocolates and icecream (so you know which ones taste the best for the kids!) Honest!.

BollocksToKarma Thu 04-Oct-12 11:41:12

Debenhams has half price decorations and stuff on sale now!

ChestyNut Thu 04-Oct-12 11:50:11

Ooooh what are you having bollocks?

Have you given them a deadline shiny?

BollocksToKarma Thu 04-Oct-12 12:21:41

I don't know yet Chesty, having too much fun figuring it all out.

ChestyNut Thu 04-Oct-12 17:27:40

2 Christmas purchases today....it's begun grin

BollocksToKarma Thu 04-Oct-12 17:34:27

Who-hoo!!

Inneedofbrandy Thu 04-Oct-12 17:42:37

Can I join this thread please? Iv'e got a few presents for the dc so far, going to do stocking fillers tomorrow morning.

Have my need to buy from hobbycraft list, my food list and present list. Going to make christmas bunting this year to.

ChestyNut Thu 04-Oct-12 17:50:23

Ooooooh what's Christmas bunting? I may need some grin

fuzzpig Thu 04-Oct-12 17:52:23

Fabulous thread!

I have been thinking about Xmas for a while - now that DH has had his operation we can start really planning smile

Inneedofbrandy Thu 04-Oct-12 17:54:42

chesty go google it. It's wall decoration but material, You can buy it or make it and theres loads of choice either way. I really want to make mine as something to do instead of MN on an evening but you might have a life.

ChestyNut Thu 04-Oct-12 18:35:10

Why don't you want to MN? shock

Serious lack of social life here!

Off tho google.

shinybaubles Thu 04-Oct-12 18:43:43

chesty - no they're really lovely but terrible with forward planning, when you ask them when they're arriving they say on time.....
I will get dh to chase them up this weekend.
going to look at decs now ..

Inneedofbrandy Thu 04-Oct-12 19:19:51

Its taking over my life blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now