Talk

Advanced search

Moving house before Christmas. Gaaaahhhh!

(4 Posts)
Helenagrace Wed 03-Oct-12 23:05:59

On December 5th we are moving from near the Lake District to the Sussex Coast. 300 miles. 3 weeks before Christmas.

How am I going to do this?????

Feel free to slap me as it's such a first world problem.

On the plus side the new house has a bay window and a full height window on the landing in the middle of the front of the house. I'm thinking two Christmas trees...

sagelynodding Wed 03-Oct-12 23:20:04

<slap>

Me too! 1st Dec, but only about 10 minutes drive away!

I am so disorganised, but I have done most all of the Dc's Christmas shopping online, and have arranged to stock it with a friend. Maybe you could do yourself an Amazon Wishlist and get everything ordered and delivered once you arrive?
I am already collecting boxes as we are doing the move ourselves.
DP will be off work for at least 2 weeks over the move.

I have bowed out of the poncetastic Christmas thread and the homemade gift thread for the moment as I keep having all these wonderful decoration ideas and I am not allowed to buy any more stuff blush

At least you are moving into a place where you can have 2 trees!! Our new place is less christmasable, than the old one, but you can't have everything...

IHeartKingThistle Wed 03-Oct-12 23:27:44

We moved on the 10th Dec. The snow came down 2 days later. We put up our tiny fake tree and laughed at how small it was in our big new lounge. It was blissful. You will be fine.

Amazon will be your friend here methinks!

girlywhirly Thu 04-Oct-12 12:06:20

Could you buy rellies gifts and give them in advance of the move? I'm sure they would understand as you have lots to worry about! My mum used to do a present run when we went to visit rellies at autumn half term, it saved her a packet in postage too.

Make sure your Christmas decs boxes are clearly identifiable, and don't leave them behind in the loft!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now