Talk

Advanced search

Toddler proof decorations?

(6 Posts)
chocolatetester1 Wed 03-Oct-12 20:33:58

I'd love to decorate a bit this year. I didn't really last year cos we were away for Xmas. This year, we're hosting a bit, plus DS1 will be properly aware of Christmas. DS2 will only be 4 months so won't care but I need to avoid decorations with small parts, just in case toddler decides to feed them to the baby.
So please share your ideas for toddler proof decor so that I can have a reasonably relaxed festive season! Thank you!

Banderchang Wed 03-Oct-12 20:37:30

2 ideas, one of which isn't really decorations. Firstly snowflake window stickers. Lakeland used to do them but aren't this year (sob). They stick onto windows or mirrors and just peel off without leaving a mark. Very festive, but not dangerous (assuming windows are higher than toddler). Secondly, I always get a reed diffuser to make the house smell Xmassy in December. Last year I got a Wax Lyrical one called "Dear Santa" and it was great at making it feel festive. As long as it's well out of toddler reach, it won't be a problem.

Gigondas Wed 03-Oct-12 20:39:08

Tinsel, shatter proof non glitter balls, chocolate decorations (may want to hide these and get them out gradually)- I put our delicate ones on top of tree or left them off (glass ones).

The most popular that was the advent nativity scene (basically you get a piece out a day to make a nativity scene- needless to say all pieces were out on day 1 but dd loved playing with it).

Also light up naff villages - can you tell I have a few decorarionsblush

attheendoftheday Wed 03-Oct-12 22:14:54

We have some ikea decorations, things like straw stars and cloth hearts, that are pretty toddler friendly.

wildpoppy Wed 03-Oct-12 22:25:07

Wilkos have some nice felt ones this year

chocolatetester1 Thu 04-Oct-12 20:51:25

Thanks everyone, that's got me started. BTW there are lots of window sticker stars on amazon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now