Talk

Advanced search

Trampoline dilemma

(7 Posts)
lazzaroo Tue 02-Oct-12 19:15:47

My parents have suggested they'd like to get DD a trampoline for Christmas. She has recently started gym & trampoline club and loves it. Always goes for trampoline at friends houses etc. Thing is our garden isn't massive and we'd like to keep some of lawn for running around & other games. Have just spotted a 5ft trampoline which could be good compromise. She'll be 3 in Dec so wondering if this would be big enough? Anyone with trampoline and similar age kids got any views?

WhatSheSaid Tue 02-Oct-12 19:31:02

Depends if as she gets older she would want friends to be able to play on there too. We have a 10 ft which my dd got.for her 4th birthday and it can fit about 5 of them on there at the moment.

lazzaroo Tue 02-Oct-12 19:34:21

Think we'd struggle to accommodate 10ft! Would be lovely. Our other option is to get a bigger one that stays at grandparents, but then she wouldn't get as much play or play with friends there anyway. I'm terrible at making these decisions, especially when it's someone else's money!

EdMcDunnough Tue 02-Oct-12 19:34:40

The bigger the better - we have a 12ft and it's brilliant, so much better than the 8ft our friends have.

Even they say so! It is difficult if you only have a small garden though. And she is only tiny - so getting her a little one would be good for the time being, you never know if you might move before she needs something bigger.

I hate to say it but having 5 kids on a trampoline at the same time might not be all that wise! smile

(disclaimer: we do this too) blush

WhatSheSaid Tue 02-Oct-12 19:40:49

Ive been at a friend's house where they have about 8 kids at a time on theirs! (14ft tramp).

They are a great buy, we've had ours a year and the dcs have gone on it virtually every dry day (we don't live in the UK). Definitely had our money's worth out of it.

oreocrumbs Tue 02-Oct-12 21:06:27

We have a 5 ft one and it is too small. DD is only just 2 and it doesn't 'give' as well as the big ones for a good bounce. She can jump on it with me, or with her little friend from next door, but jump up and down only. She hardly plays on it.

I thought when I bought it that it would see us through for a few years, and we would buy her a big one when she was 6/7, but it isn't going to do her past next summer realistically.

NDN has a 10 ft one and that is much better, the girls do tricks, run round in circles chasing each other, go inside to colour in and read magazines - you name it it goes on in there!

Their garden is very small too, so I recomend you go and draw a chalk circle and see just how much you will be left with. When they announced they were getting a 10 ft one I couldn't begin to imagine how it would fit, but actually there is still plenty of space. Iirc they only pais £20 more than I did for mine too. Wish I hadn't wasted my money on the small one.

olibeansmummy Tue 02-Oct-12 21:09:12

We have a 5ft trampoline and ds is 3.4 tbh he's outgrown it really and certainly will be too big for it by the summer when he'll be 4 sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now