Talk

Advanced search

What to buy 2.5 yr old DD?

(12 Posts)
pigleychez Mon 01-Oct-12 23:05:48

DD2 has an older sister of 4 so has a zillion toys to play with and to grow into.

Stuck for ideas what to get her this xmas. The grandparents have started asking too which makes it even harder.

Any ideas anyone? What are you buying yours?

pigleychez Tue 02-Oct-12 16:38:17

Anyone?

oreocrumbs Tue 02-Oct-12 17:50:49

DD will be 2.4 at christmas, she is getting:

A dolls house + furniture
A scooter
2 happyland sets
A woody doll
Mr maker craft box
A keyboard
Microphone
Julia Donaldson books (10 for £10 bargain)
Probably clothes, pjs etc too.

(From all of the family not just us)

Of the toys she has already the most used are:

Dress up
Doll and pushchair
Jigsaws
Kitchen
Trolley and till
Happyland
Duplo and mega blocks
Train set
Peppa pig stuff - she has been handed down a huge box with most of the little sets in.

Any of that any good?

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 02-Oct-12 17:52:25

My dd has just turned 3 and I'm also struggling with what to get her (I can think of lots of things but I don't have a lot of space so want to make sure I get good things that will be played with).

Things your dd may like are a toy kitchen, teaset, dolls with pram and little cot, lego duplo, a microphone on a stand, sticker books, rocking horse, scooter or wheely bug? It's hard though if you also have a 4 year old as you maybe have most of these and want something different.

Could you do a joint present of a big kitchen / doll house for your girls?

shelley72 Tue 02-Oct-12 17:57:07

just started a thread on exactly the same subject so will lurk for some answers if thats ok smile

pigleychez Tue 02-Oct-12 18:16:42

Lurk away Shelley smile

Thanks for the replies.
Just ordered her a Mini micro scooter so thats a start! smile
oh and a keyboard and microphone.

She loves her happyland but we have an entire City already!
Has tea set, kitchen,Dolls house,dressing up clothes, puzzles etc etc etc.... Did I mention everything!
So hard not to buy things just for the sake of something.

stressheaderic Tue 02-Oct-12 18:20:51

My DD is 2.7 and she is getting a play kitchen, baby Annabelle, Happyland stuff and a Vtech Kiddizoom camera.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 02-Oct-12 18:23:27

I know what you mean about buying for the sake of buying. My dd's are 3 and 1 (birthdays were in September) so I don't feel like they really need anything. My youngest is getting Happyland stuff and I'm thinking about a bike for my eldest. Also thought about a dolls house but maybe I should save that idea for next year and do it as a joint present.

shelley72 Tue 02-Oct-12 18:27:47

exactly pigley its hard not to get something just because. we did buy DD one of those scooters for her birthday as her brother has one and she loved playing on it. she is now much better on it than he is smile. and they had an elc keyboard last christmas between them which they do still play with now and again. we have some happyland but DS plays with it more than her, which makes me think a dolls house / sylvannian family type present would be a waste. but i love the toy kitchen. i spend ages organising playing with it!

i think despite my best efforts that my children are a bit spoilt as we do seem to have a lot of 'stuff' shock.

iloveholidays Tue 02-Oct-12 19:26:29

Same position here... DD1 is 4 in April and DD2 is 2 in March. DD3 due next month but she won't be getting much - dreading next year!!

I really struggled with DD2 however have basically bought any dolls stuff that we didn't previously have for DD1, a toy travel cot, changing mat with accessories and baby bath with accessories - both of which I'm going to separate and wrap the accessories separately for the stocking!

DD1 is getting a bike, a watch and maybe a couple of other bits once I've decided what they are smile Thinking of the barbie convertible car (half price at tesco) and Mr Tumble bag (although seems overpriced for what it is).

Both are getting pillow pets (thanks to the bargain thread), an elc game, my little pony, hello kitty plate and bowl, torch and few other bits to fill up their stocking (which I still need to buy!).

iloveholidays Tue 02-Oct-12 19:29:58

Someone suggested to me about bath toys as they go manky... always need replacing...

BeaWheesht Tue 02-Oct-12 19:32:40

Dd will be 2y3m at Christmas - She is getting a talking mr tumble doll and a baby annabell

Toys she already has which ate hits:
Horse space hopper
Wooden kitchen
Balance bike
Cara cars and more cars
Train table
Buggy
She's starting to like dressing up
Art stuff
Happy land
Megablocks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now