Talk

Advanced search

Anyone having Christmas elves visiting this year?

(7 Posts)
SugarMeFingers Mon 01-Oct-12 17:33:37

We've had elves visiting for the last 2 years, Buttons and Elfie. This year another elf is joining them for dc3. Haven't got a name yet but I'm thinking already. I love Christmas!

needanswers Mon 01-Oct-12 19:14:16

Mmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee can't wait

pigleychez Mon 01-Oct-12 20:04:45

Us! Our elf on the shelf will be returning. His ever so original name is Elf!

In fact I mentioned him to the girls tonight at bath time and their little faces lit up! Cant wait for his return smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 01-Oct-12 20:10:02

Have you got Elves of the Shelves then?

Many years ago (when my DS was 3 yo) I made a little sleeping elf (made from a soft bath toy and a sleeping face painted on a face muslin with a hat topped with a bell). I put Elf in a little cardboard bed with a blanket and hid it in the Playhouse. He was tired after all the making of gifts.. DS and I crept down with a candle in a jar.
Next morning the elf was gone, FC took him home on the sleigh.

A couple of years ago I made an EotS from a Doctor Who doll.
I bought an Action Man style doll for this year - his outfit will be sewed /glued onto him . Red and Green felt and as much sparkle as I can get away with.
I've got a green wooden trunk to put the sweets in. grin

Elves bring the Christmas Eve Hampers while we're on our walk.

(My DC will be 10.6 and 13 at Christmas. They still go along with it all grin )

elfycat Mon 01-Oct-12 20:13:26

I have an elf on the way.

First year of elf-ness, well except my for my name name (and see above). Haven't discussed elves with the DDs yet but I'm really excited!

MildlyMonica Thu 11-Oct-12 15:21:30

I'm joining in too - even though dd is 8!! Was unsure for years but seeing all the hysterical elf on shelf photos on pinterest has converted me! Off to order me one now and dream up different locations - when do you start putting elf out - not sure can wait until December - especially as I put my tree up first weekend in Dec which is Dec 1st this year blush!

pigleychez Thu 11-Oct-12 16:09:04

We usually put our decs up the first weekend of Dec too. Elf arrives that morning which signals that Xmas is on the way and the tree can go up. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now