Talk

Advanced search

What are you getting your 4yearold dd?

(16 Posts)
Longo Mon 01-Oct-12 14:34:16

Am lost for ideas but want to get started the shopping!

Indith Mon 01-Oct-12 14:37:50

Dd is getting Fuzzy felt for her 4th birthday (23rd dec) and the ikea play tent for christmas. In her stocking father christmas will be putting a couple of plastic dinosaurs, some stickers, obligatory satsuma and christmassy sweeties plus one other thing based on her letter to father christmas which has yet to be written.

pigleychez Mon 01-Oct-12 18:08:46

DD1 is 4.

She's been lusting over a wooden horses stable she's seen in GLTC so maybe that
Bits ive got so far are Hatley Pj's, Learn to tell the time clock, princess recording microphone, sticker book and playdough.

Other ideas ive got are
Pop up Pirate game
Orchard board games

Really good ideas here...the fuzzy felt especially, I used to love that stuff.

My DD never asks for anything hmm so its up to me to figure it out.

So far Ive thought of
A bike, kidizoom camera, roald dahl boxset, a cooking apron and baking set/cookery book.

Watching with interest smile

pigleychez Mon 01-Oct-12 18:21:16

The kiddizoom camera is great. DD loves hers smile

gregssausageroll Mon 01-Oct-12 18:38:34

Lots. Probably a nintendo DS from us but from santa he is getting a go kart. From family in Australia who send over cash he will be getting a new scooter and skate board.

Then his stocking. I tend to keep his stocking to things I would actually have to buy so socks, pants, toothbrush etc.

mobileadam Mon 01-Oct-12 19:37:23

the MB game frustration and did I mention a custom built (by his Dad if I get time) digital scalextric layout!!!

Indith Mon 01-Oct-12 20:24:20

wannabedomestic if you get fuzzy felt then a few words of caution. We have a couple of the themed sets but they just come in a cardboard box with a tray for the bits and then a board. The bits end up everywhere and the boxes break and it drives me up the wall. Which is why for her birthday she is getting the starter set which is a plastic thing with drawers in for all the bits. It arrived today and while she was at nursery I sat and pulled all the shapes out of the sheets of felt and popped them in the drawers ready and I've only used half the space for the stuff that came with it so loads of room left for the stuff we already have to be put away in it after her birthday.

WaitingForMe Mon 01-Oct-12 20:39:42

DSS2 is getting percussion instruments. DH plays the guitar and DSS1 (aged 7) is learning the violin and has a ukulele. Two years ago DH bought DSS2 a plastic recorder (WTAF) and when his dad and brother are playing he wants to join in and it's driving me insane. He's got two proper skin covered drums, a drum with an attached beater and a lovely sounding rattle. We got the lot for about £20 at an independent music shop.

Good tip! I had wondered about how to keep all the bits together! Thanks smile

AThingInYourLife Mon 01-Oct-12 20:48:13

The new Innotab.

Longo Mon 01-Oct-12 21:57:36

Made the mistake of looking on the great little trading company website! Some gorgeous things on there!! Keep the ideas coming please!

WidowWadman Mon 01-Oct-12 22:28:08

My daughter has her little heart set onto the Lego City Helicopter Rescue Set, so that's what Santa will bring. She'll be 4 just before Christmas.

tassisssss Mon 01-Oct-12 22:28:11

I'm wondering about more playmobil.

She would like a baby Annabel.

Elderwand Mon 01-Oct-12 22:37:42

DD1 getting Ben and Holly's castle and stocking filled with goodies. Know she wil be spoilt by family thou grin

sunnyday123 Mon 01-Oct-12 22:47:08

Design a friend from Argos
Acustic guitar
Dress up rapunzel wedding dress
Disney dolls

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now