Talk

Advanced search

Adult Advent Calendar

(12 Posts)
MostlyFine Mon 01-Oct-12 12:50:58

Have had a realisation this year that I would quite like to stop treating Christmas as a non-event and have gone in search of my Christmas spirit these past few weeks.

One thing I'm wanting to do is get a pocket advent calendar for DP and am looking for ideas of what to put in it. Have some worked out - a few little 'coupons' and tokens for things but would like some ideas that are more substantial if possible.

Methinks that I am a bit out of practice so don't want to do it if I can't think of fun things to put in it so am relying on the collective magic of MN Christmas lovers to help me out.... hope you dont't mind smile

VikingVagine Mon 01-Oct-12 13:14:01

Depends on your budget I suppose.

An mp3 player with his favourite songs on
A personalised key-ring (maybe with a photo of you/the kids)
A Christmas nice tie
Handcuffs or some other small sex toy
Some sexy undies for you grin
A nice pen
Wallet
Festive boxers
Festive socks
A poem

MostlyFine Mon 01-Oct-12 13:23:51

those sound gooood. Budget not too much of an issue as am a good bargain hunter but finding things that will fit in the pockets might be difficult - have only seen small pocket ACs online.

May have to hunt for bigger ones or get off uncreative arse and make one

VikingVagine Mon 01-Oct-12 13:45:46

If you've got a sewing machine it should be pretty easy to make, if not, fabric glue is your friend!

VikingVagine Mon 01-Oct-12 13:47:44

Try googling 'DIY advent calendars', lots of ideas on how to make one.

Viperidae Mon 01-Oct-12 13:48:37

You can also use samples of stuff to balance your budget and let you spend more on other things. Can often get samples of fragrance, skincare, etc.

MostlyFine Mon 01-Oct-12 15:18:48

I hadn't thought about samples - might be able to find some nice things for him. have decided on one wee ego figure for amusement as well smile

Viking - that's exactly what I've been doing for the last hour and a half and now have several million ideas about what to make. Still need to put more thought into contents though lol

VikingVagine Mon 01-Oct-12 15:26:26

His favourite chocolate bar (it is Xmas after all)
A dream catcher
Mini bottle of Christmas pudding vodka (see the home made threads)
A gingerbread man (also homemade of course!)

Floralnomad Mon 01-Oct-12 15:28:24

Get him a Lego advent calendar , I'm sure it's mainly adults that have them!

VikingVagine Mon 01-Oct-12 15:32:03

I'm getting that for DS (10yo)!

Floralnomad Mon 01-Oct-12 15:35:29

Yes DCs like them as well , we are sharing one this year and our ages range from 13 up , way more fun than chocolate .

MostlyFine Mon 01-Oct-12 15:36:08

I did think of that Floral but I want i to be more personal. He's kinda lost the Xmas spark too so really want to strike a good balance between silly/frivolous and substantial/personal.

Viking - have looked over the homemade Christmas thread and a mini bottle of flavoured something sounds lovely. He's not a big drinker but would enjoy that methinks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now