Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 year old DS, which pirate boat?

(11 Posts)
Fresh01 Sun 30-Sep-12 22:27:09

DS has his birthday and x-mas within a few weeks of each other so loads of presents in a short time then nothing till the next year. This year he is turning 3.

I am trying to decide whether to get him a wooden pirate boat or the Jake and the Neverland Pirate one. Just can't decide if he would like the Jake one for a few months then as he got nearer 4 not be so interested in all the tunes/voices it has.

Any advice?

Beanbagz Mon 01-Oct-12 09:55:31

My DS was bought this when he was 3 and he's still playing with it now nearly five years later!

TimeForCake Mon 01-Oct-12 12:05:40

What a great idea! My ds also has his birthday close to Christmas & will be the same age. Hadn't thought of a pirate ship, so thanks to both of you. Can't help with the Jake vs wooden one though as don't know who Jake is! blush Wooden one looks lovely imo. no help to op whatsoever

MySecretSelf Mon 01-Oct-12 12:41:46

A wooden one would definitely have more longevity that the Jake one - DS (now 4) loved Jake 6 months ago but not overly fussed now.

The playmobil pirate ship is fantastic, but there are a lots of very small pieces (though you could just put them away until he was older - still great play value). DS got it for his birthday and plays with it every day.

needanswers Mon 01-Oct-12 13:34:36

We got a second hand playmobile one for ds last year (3 nearly 4) and then it doesn't matter if the bits get lost - we bought extra eBay pirates as well.

It is still his most played with toy.

3duracellbunnies Mon 01-Oct-12 19:42:51

We've missed out on Jake too, but ds has a wooden pirate ship which we got about 3/4 years ago from WH Smiths. Not too many little bits too loose and looks nice. It is fairly big too. Ds really enjoys it.

MissBetseyTrotwood Mon 01-Oct-12 19:57:02

I second the eBay playmobil suggestion. Lots of bits but you can always pick up extras if necc.

IHeartKingThistle Mon 01-Oct-12 20:48:24

The playmobil one is awesome. DS just had it for his 3rd birthday. We got a middle-sized really useful box for the pirates and stuff and a teeny really useful box to go inside for all the tiny pieces. It's not been a problem apart from treasure in the hoover! It's played with a lot.

MissBetseyTrotwood Mon 01-Oct-12 21:13:53

And I recommend playing with it in a room that has something less gappy than our Victorian floorboards. bitter experience !!

Fresh01 Mon 01-Oct-12 21:38:58

Thank you for your replies. Definitely not going for Jake pirate boat now. Will investigate Playmobil one. He has 2 older sisters who have lots of Playmobil and it is great. Good to hear he may not be too young for it.

Beanbagz, that Plan boat looks good too and good to know your son has played with it for so many years : )

janji Tue 02-Oct-12 00:45:47

Early learning often have 20% off at this time of year. They do the playmibil pirate ship with other add on pirate things (row boat, pirate crew) that other relatives could buy to tie in with the main present?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now