Talk

Advanced search

Kurio 7 Tablet ...

(8 Posts)
Matildathebrave Sun 30-Sep-12 21:24:42

My daughter has asked for one of these, but having looked on Argos and Amazon am reading mixed reviews.

If it works well, it would be perfect for her as it sounds just like what she has asked for.

But reading the bad reviews is putting me off.

Does anyone have one or know someone with one and can tell me about them, good or bad?

Thanks

badtasteflump Mon 01-Oct-12 10:37:03

I don't have one but have had a play around on the Kurio and a couple of other ones marketed for children, and wasn't impressed.

Specs aren't great for the money and the 'child safety' aspect is no better than something you can download yourself IMO - in the end I bought my DC one of these - have seen it on offer cheaper online sometimes though...

Internet tablet

I downloaded Norton Free Family Safety onto it and it monitors everything they search and blocks unsuitable stuff. And as it's a 'grown up' tablet, they won't grow out of it and want something different in a year or two!

Matildathebrave Mon 01-Oct-12 10:43:44

That does look good thank you.

I think I will give the Kurio a miss. She just wants one for games and to play music on really, so don't want to get something she'll have problems with.

Really don't know if it's worth looking at any of the childrens tablets, they are even more expensive than the adult ones which is a bit odd.

May go for this one, definately worth £100, thank you

badtasteflump Mon 01-Oct-12 10:52:15

You're welcome smile

BTW - Amazon have lots of jazzy bright covers and stuff for it if your DD is young & wants it to not look so 'black' smile

We seem to be collecting these in our house now - we've had our first one over a year and no probs yet!

pateran Mon 01-Oct-12 11:53:45

Hi guys very interest it this tablet. How old are your kids who use these?

My DS is 6 and DH fancied the Kurio but this one looks great would he be too yound for it?

Thanks
Andrea

badtasteflump Mon 01-Oct-12 12:11:57

Mine are 9 & 15 and use it - DH & I use one too.

Younger cousins (one of whom is 5) have had a play on it too (we've got games downloaded on it) and they got on fine. I would say if your DS can use a pc or a laptop, they could use this.

I should be on commission! grin

mummyofpoppy Wed 03-Oct-12 15:45:42

My girls love the Kurio! I think it is fab too, me and DH use it once they have gone to bed!

I personally think the parental controls on Kurio are a brilliant idea as I can rest assured that the kids are safe to use it on their own and won't come across anything they shouldn't while they are online. Apparently it is updated 24/7 too, so they keep on top of any 'dodgy new sites'. I also thought the £150 price tag was a bargain. Until we saw Kurio, we were considering getting them an iPad, so we made a huge saving on that!!

The time controls are also fab as it turns itself off and you don't get the tantrums when you try to take it off them at bedtime.

AND (I'll stop in a minute! lol) you get loads of apps already on it like Angry Birds, Where's my Water, Fruit Ninja, Doodle Jump, Cut the Rope and lots of educational games, so you don't have to shell out more money once you have paid for the tablet.

x

happymummy2010 Wed 03-Oct-12 18:20:50

Does anyone know why the Kurio is more expensive than the Kindle Fire ? Is it just because it is aimed at kids, so they have added a premium or is the spec better than the Fire ?

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now