Talk

Advanced search

how do you make clay christmas decs

(8 Posts)
Waitingforastartofall Sun 30-Sep-12 17:27:28

I've seen these dotted about and would love to make them with dcs , how would I do it and what would I buy. Thanks in advance

tassisssss Sun 30-Sep-12 18:20:09

I do air drying clay, large star biscuit cutter, plunge tealight into middle of the star (the remove to it dries without tealight in).

Paint with gold paint and sprinkle in glitter.

These are on their 3rd Christmas, we make most most years for teachers. Did with Scouts last year too. Can also be done with salt dough (I use Kirstie Allsop's recipe). Enjoy!

WholeLottaRosie Sun 30-Sep-12 21:20:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Waitingforastartofall Sun 30-Sep-12 21:26:59

i live in the arse end of nowhere so next time in in town will scout out and see if i can find any but it will probably be online.

UniS Sun 30-Sep-12 23:04:58

Air drying clay.Roll it out thin. Cut out shape with biscuit cutter. poke a hole through with a pointy thing. Leave to dry.
Once dry paint with poster paint. liberally sprinkle with glitter. leave to dry again
Once dry, Glaze with PVA glue ( or Varnish if you have it).

Once dry, thread a ribbon thro hole as a hanging loop.

ggirl Sun 30-Sep-12 23:07:55

i need to find a large amount of baking soda

tassisssss Mon 01-Oct-12 22:21:40

just salt, water, flour and oil the Kirstie Allsop way

We did alternating stars and hearts. Painted the stars red and red glitter and the stars gold and gold glitter. Kids were 7, 4, and 2 at the time and actually could do it. Strung up over the fire place I didn't want to take them down!

Waitingforastartofall Mon 01-Oct-12 22:42:05

They sound v pretty will deffo give it a go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now