Talk

Advanced search

Camera for 5yo ds? Disposable or not??

(6 Posts)
PiedWagtail Fri 28-Sep-12 10:25:36

DS would love a camera. I don't want to get him a Kiddizoom type one as dd had one and the quality of the prints is poor. What do you think - a disposable one? Or a cheaper, proper camera (from ebay maybe)?

fanoftheinvisibleman Fri 28-Sep-12 10:29:29

We bought ds a real one at 4 or 5 and it is still going strong and he takes great photos. He had a kids one first but it was a waste of space.

BabsJansen Fri 28-Sep-12 10:31:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PiedWagtail Fri 28-Sep-12 10:36:01

Babs -that's what I did for dd too! She prefers a chunkier camera as they're asier to hold than the current ultra-thin ones. Hmm. Might do the same for ds... smile

browniebear Fri 28-Sep-12 10:43:42

Yeah I'd go for a real digital one rather than disposable as in my experience they take odd pictures of things like
The carpet
Their feet
Nothingness/black screen
People's heads chopped off
Up the nose shot

I'm still refusing to even think about Christmas till December

WaitingForMe Fri 28-Sep-12 15:51:54

DSSs (aged 6 and 3) got digital cameras last year. I got them from Jessops for £50 each about a week before Christmas (when they suddenly drop their prices). Buy small SD cards and ask for the cases (the cheap ones) for free and look prepared to walk away if you're turned down.

I may or may not be an ex-employee wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now