Talk

Advanced search

I don't want to feed my Christmas cake...

(5 Posts)
Some0ne Tue 25-Sep-12 16:19:46

...because I'm too lazy busy.

How do I avoid it? Do I have to find a particular sort of recipe, do I soak the fruit in booze for weeks before making the cake, do I leave it till the last minute so it doesn't need a preservative?

droitwichmummy Tue 25-Sep-12 16:22:37

If you want alcohol in your cake without feeding it, find a recipe where you soak the fruit overnight before making it. If you don't mind about the booze, you can just not feed the cake! It's not compulsory.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 25-Sep-12 22:52:03

Soak the fruit in the alcohol then after you've baked your cake and let it go absolutely cold, give it a good alcohol feed them wrap in greaseproof paper and foil.
Make it as airtight as you can, then put it somewhere dark and dry with a constant cool temperature to mature.

sooperdooper Wed 26-Sep-12 22:05:36

I've always soaked the fruit as well as feeding it! You don't have to do it at a set time if you can't be bothered, just now and again when you feel like it

It might be a bit dry without being fed, even if you do soak the fruit

Taffeta Wed 26-Sep-12 22:07:01

Feeding it takes one minute, once a week! You seriously don't have one minute pw?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now