Talk

Advanced search

John crane high tea cake stand

(9 Posts)
wildpoppy Sun 23-Sep-12 18:59:22

Anyone got this? I think dd, 2 just before Christmas, will love it but my mum thinks it's more a toy to appeal to adults than toddlers. What do you think?

MerylStrop Sun 23-Sep-12 19:04:09

DS2 (2) and DD (5) play with cupcake set

a lot

DD would love that now or from 3-4, but at two none of my lot would have appreciated how pretty and special it is.

I bought this one for DD, it's gorgeous. One of the bits of the beater on the mixer has broken though <sob>

wildpoppy Sun 23-Sep-12 19:10:13

Cupcake set looks fab.

Dd likes shape sorters and likes pretend food, hence high tea stand. But it's true that mostly I want to play with it!

wildpoppy Sun 23-Sep-12 19:11:04

Oh love that too moaningminge. Pricey though.

Yes it was stupidly expensive. I bought it either last year or the year before, when I still had spare money. I haven't now grin DD is just as happy with plastic tat from poundland TBH.

Those tiny china teasets - often with disney figures on- they love them and often in The Works for a quid.

wildpoppy Sun 23-Sep-12 19:27:35

I'm always worried about breakability of china. Dd loves plastic teaset I got in sainsburys on offer at £6 though. This week I noticed tesco value ones for a couple of quid - teapot and 3 cups and saucers in a net bag.

theroseofwait Mon 24-Sep-12 15:16:57

I've got it as part of the DS' play shop and tbh I spend more time looking for lost cakes than they do playing with it!!!

wildpoppy Mon 24-Sep-12 23:23:10

Theroseofwait - good point. There are lots of cakes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now