Talk

Advanced search

What are you buying your 4 year old boy?

(32 Posts)
5inthebed Sat 22-Sep-12 19:29:17

Just that. He got a leappad last year, so that's not an option. He is getting a bike for his November birthday. He has a scooter.

His brother getting the batman castle.

At a complete loss what to get him.

ICutMyFootOnOccamsRazor Sat 22-Sep-12 19:31:14

The Gup X from Octonauts. He's been asking for it since last Christmas.

tiredteddy Sat 22-Sep-12 19:32:04

I just opened this thread ready to say LeapPad! That's what my DS2 is getting. Hope it's a good choice?

Mama1980 Sat 22-Sep-12 19:33:07

Lego and playmobil sets he's crazy about both

MonsterBookOfTysons Sat 22-Sep-12 19:33:58

Lego, Moshi monsters, George Pig grin

5inthebed Sat 22-Sep-12 19:33:59

Ds3 loves his leappad, can I suggest rechargeable batteries for it though.

Ds3 not into octonaughts, we do nick jr rather than cbeebies, but he does like mike the knight.

5inthebed Sat 22-Sep-12 19:34:25

Ooo Lego, what sets?

5inthebed Sat 22-Sep-12 19:34:47

Actually, I prefer free form Lego rather than the sets, but open to suggestions.

ewaczarlie Sat 22-Sep-12 19:35:29

I just got this for my DS and he loves it http://www.thetoyshop.com/Baby-and-pre-school/Pre-school-electronic-toys/Heavy-Hoist-100cm-Remote-Control-Tower-Crane/p/410696

BikeRunSki Sat 22-Sep-12 19:37:32

Pop up goals

Playmobile

Parking permity for parkl which has an excellent playground (we are rural, it is far to far to walk to, but only 10 mins drive).

Although that crane is looking good.

Pinkmumma Sat 22-Sep-12 19:52:10

Leap pad is brilliant but agree with 5inthebed def need recharge battery's.
Play mobile pirate ship is great as is helicopter in Tesco (£12ush) hope this helps

fivegomadindorset Sat 22-Sep-12 19:54:33

A den kit, a CD player and some Octonaut stuff

FrameyMcFrame Sat 22-Sep-12 19:55:11

hex bugs? my 3 3/4s DS is asking for them....

nulgirl Sat 22-Sep-12 19:57:47

Playmobil boat or the police station. He is also keen on fireman Sam and there are a couple of small vehicles which he doesn't have yet. Will also get him some jigsaws and possibly a hockey stick as he is keen to learn how to play.

I find my ds so easy to buy for. My dd who is 6 on the other hand is a nightmare. She is so girly and all the toys are plastic, cheap and awful. She doesn't do "boys toys" and I am refusing to buy her gender stereotyped pink tat. Think we might have to get her some nice crafty bits and pieces.

sheeplikessleep Sat 22-Sep-12 20:07:57

I find Ds1 (nearly five) much easier than Ds2 (2 1/2).

I'm not sure what to get yet, but deciding between new bike (he's grown out of first one), 2 wheeled scooter, Lego sets, Power Rangers figures, transformers figures. We are also short on outdoors toys, so thinking about a trampoline.

Hexbugs he's also asked for and he's also mentioned a remote control car.

Agh! So basically I need to decide on just one 'big' thing for him smile

No doubt his stocking will be full of practical things, the odd gunky thing, crafty stuff and anything else I can find!

sheeplikessleep Sat 22-Sep-12 20:11:37

Ooh, just googled den kits, they look great!

lljkk Sat 22-Sep-12 20:12:31

Micromachines & toy (plastic, metal diecast type) combine harvesters.

olibeansmummy Sat 22-Sep-12 22:13:39

Ds will only be 3 1/2 at Xmas not 4, but is into 'older' kids toys and has asked for a Lego aeroplane, teddy kangaroo and a new teddy giraffe as he's 'clecting' them lol. He's inherited a huge box of random Lego from my brother, but does enjoy the smaller sets such as Cars (the film) figures as they're just enough for him to build in the amount if time that his concentration span lasts for and they'll make great stocking fillers smile

suebfg Sat 22-Sep-12 22:21:00

If you're looking for one big thing, I'd go for something like a Lego police station - DS is 5 and is heavily into cops, robbers, spies etc

accessorizequeen Sun 23-Sep-12 14:37:48

I'd say playmobil if you don't have it already, brilliant and last for years. Vet set is great for this age or camper van. We already have a mountain of playmobil so ds3 is getting a kidizoom camera and Camelot. Which I think he'll love as he's a puzzler-type boy. George Luck puzzles are fabulous if yours is a puzzler boy. Think I shall also get a hexbug, and a gogo hamster for stocking. He's 4 this week.

MySecretSelf Sun 23-Sep-12 16:34:48

We're getting DS imaginext batman toys, batman outfit, roald Dahl books and some audio books. He's likely to get some Thomas take n play and playmobil from the grandparents.

gregssausageroll Sun 23-Sep-12 16:50:33

We are being brave. Ds will be 4.5 and I think we are buying him a Nintendo ds.

Pancakeflipper Sun 23-Sep-12 16:53:47

A Playskool Star Wars Millenium Falcon thingy.
A game for his Leapad
Think a Hexbug as he loves his big brother's.
Probably Ben10 will sneak in.
And going to see if there's any Justin House DVD's as he thinks Justin is comedy God.

KinkyAllTooOrangeDorito Sun 23-Sep-12 16:58:44

Imaginext and Lego heroes bits.

TaperJeanGirl Sun 23-Sep-12 17:50:37

Ds will be 3.6 by christmas and will be getting an ipad (joint present with his sisters)

Lego
Playmobil
Imaginext firestation(we got the batcave for his birthday and he loved it)
Furby
Marble run
Cuddle uppet
Avengers bits

Finding it really easy to buy for the 3 yr old this year, having the most amount of trouble with the 1 yr old, I cant stand baby toys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now