Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for the 3 year old that already has everything please?

(11 Posts)
OptimisticPessimist Fri 21-Sep-12 18:11:10

DD is (just) 3 and the youngest of three, so we already have all the staples of bricks, brio, cars etc., plenty of craft stuff, loads of soft toys. She has baby dolls and accessories and she's too young for "fashion" dolls (and I doubt they'd interest her). She has a doll's house (was DS2's). DS2 is getting a DS and the plan is that she'll inherit his Mobigo, so I don't really want to get another electronic thing like the Innotab/Leap pad. I'm getting her the Ikea kitchen and some stuff to go with it, but I need some ideas for other family members. She or her brothers already have quite literally everything I can think of for this age group!

Thanks grin

FauxFox Fri 21-Sep-12 18:16:27

Bubble machine, simple 'joke' stuff like whoppee cushions/snake in a jar of nuts, hula hoop, space hopper, books?

bagpuss Fri 21-Sep-12 18:21:29

My dts are three soon and dt1 is getting a toy cash register from my mum. Tey are both getting micro scooters and associated accessories from us ad I am considering a play tent of some sort from my inlaws. It is really hard though, my two are my 4th and 5th children so I really don't want any more little play sets and the like - we seem to have hundreds!

GoldPlatedNineDoors Fri 21-Sep-12 18:22:58

New bedding set?

TerraNotSoFirma Fri 21-Sep-12 18:35:34

Hungry hippos? Elefun?
The outlaws are getting these for my 3yo DD (might be because I asked them to as I had HH when I were a lass and want to play it again)

Mollydoggerson Fri 21-Sep-12 18:40:12

A camera.
puppets
ride on stuff.

OptimisticPessimist Fri 28-Sep-12 09:14:11

Thanks for all the ideas grin

She's getting a new bed ("with steps Mummy") sometime next year so will be getting new bedding then and I've got her some books already (they always get 2 or 3 each), but the cash register is a good idea and also the camera - trying to find a good offer on a Kidizoom (DS2 has one and she does tend to try and commandeer it!). Games are a good one too, thanks!

IsItMeOr Fri 28-Sep-12 17:02:43

Orchard toys jigsaws and games are fab and don't take up much space.

Ocado have a good offer on the Kidizoom.

IsItMeOr Fri 28-Sep-12 17:03:07

Dressing up stuff?

OptimisticPessimist Fri 28-Sep-12 17:55:34

Ooh, I'll have a look at Orchard toys, thanks.

I saw the Ocado deal but they don't deliver here unfortunately sad

OpheliaBumps Fri 28-Sep-12 23:32:41

How about crafty stuff and dressing up clothes - both are popular with my DD?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now