Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for miniature Christmas village

(8 Posts)
MontBlanc Fri 21-Sep-12 15:21:47

I really want one and have finally told DH that his protests are in vain, THIS is the year I'm going to start my collection grin grin grin

SO I want to get one that is absolutely ADORABLE, lots of coloured lights etc. There are some in our local garden centre but they look a bit plastic and naff. I'm thinking ceramic is probably the way to go.

So please point me in the right direction to start my search miniature Christmas village fans!

milk Fri 21-Sep-12 17:01:24

I have no advice, but I was just looking at them on Google images and they are so cute grin I love the ones with the trains smile

mmmmmchocolate Fri 21-Sep-12 20:01:10

The lemax stuff is lovely, lots of illuminated houses I imagine you could spend thousands on it. You would never run out of things to buy!

I don't have to room so I went for Lilliput Lane ornaments I get them off of eBay throughout the year and I love the detail in them. They do lots of the Christmas ones that are illuminated however you can't get accessories to match with them so if you wanted people for example you're best having a search for the Lemax ones.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 21-Sep-12 20:20:59

Oh, are you going to get some of that faux snow (you know the stuff you add water and it expands) smile

Many years ago I bought some little houses .They were all connected onto little lights. I put them on the little corner shelf at the top of the stairs. (Battery op lights)

Actually they were rubbish quality but my DC loved them at the time.

MontBlanc Fri 21-Sep-12 21:35:49

Oooo thanks for the ideas, I hadn't even considered fake snow 70 but yes I think it will be a must!

Now, does anyone have the lemax stuff, it looks great but I can't tell in the pictures if it's a bit plasticey or not?

The lillput lane ones look lovely mmchocolte - do they light up from the inside?

I don't really have anywhere to put the village either but I will FIND somewhere!

solidgoldbrass Fri 21-Sep-12 21:39:41

DS loves the stuff with moving trains, so I am always on a hunt on Ebay for cheap ones...

mmmmmchocolate Sat 22-Sep-12 22:25:34

Yes mont. The lights are inside and when you switch them on they look like the lights inside the building are on. I have around 6 illuminated ones- cake shop, toy shop, post office, sweet shop etc and then quite a few little snow cowered cottages to put around them.

I'd love to save for a really big one, and get some of the rarer ones.

I don't have any Lemax but I don't think they look plasticky. They are brighter coloured and more cartoon like and they are more 'fun' I find garden centres have Lemax villages set up nearer Xmas.

We bought one with a moving train from that shop called "the Range".

Forever known by my DS as the Christmas shop.

It was a good price,however a bit noisy as the train whirred and ground it's way round. DS absolutely loved it.

I think I might have found a new tragic obsession....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now