Talk

Advanced search

Homemade Christmas Hampers

(17 Posts)

Morning all,

Ideas on what to put in a homemade Christmas hamper, i have to do 3 for couples (don't have to, but want to really lol) - dad and wife, gran and papa, aunt and uncle, and then some for ladies only, i think maybe 5.

Any homemade/handmade ideas welcome - have two willing slaves daughters to help! wink

Onadietcolabreak Fri 21-Sep-12 08:33:42

I have made personalised mugs for DC. You could let your slaves DDs make some Nana and Gramps ones? I used Sharpie on some good quality, but cheep mugs from sainsburys (on sale at the mo) Bake in the oven to make permanent, found instructions on Pintrest, there are loads of ideas on there!

How about photo books?

I'm sure there are alot more crafty people here that will come up with better ideas, I aspire to be crafty, but am a bit useless in that department grin

Oooh i like the mug idea, thats great!

Louboo2245 Fri 21-Sep-12 21:06:40

hand warmers I've started making these for my hampers smile

Elderwand Fri 21-Sep-12 22:37:19

Go to the good food website and put in edible Christmas gifts! I did this last year and it was a hit!

janji Sat 22-Sep-12 00:16:25

Made members of my family themed hampers e.g an 'at home spa' hamper with lots of Luvly smellies, face masks, scrubs etc; a tea for two hamper with mugs, speciality tea / coffee, fancy biscuits; a cocktail hamper with a shaker, swizzle sticks, miniature spirits etc; an Italian gourmet hamper with unusual pastas, pestos, biscotti; relaxation hamper with candles, oils, relaxing musings cd. Basically think of something the person likes then make up a hamper containing luxurious items that they would otherwise not buy for themselves.

Onadietcolabreak Sat 22-Sep-12 08:58:31

Forgot to add that I'm putting a hot choc sachet in the mug plus Marshmellows and a candy cane.

Onadietcolabreak Sat 22-Sep-12 09:05:37

The handwarmers look great looboo I think even I may have a go at them wink could you put dried lavender in them?

If you are any good a knitting prettyplease how about making a hot water bottle cover? You can pick up hot water bottles at Poundland.

Louboo2245 Sat 22-Sep-12 18:52:30

They are dead easy I did a pair in an evening, I don't think dried lavender would be a problem.

Scout19075 Wed 03-Oct-12 17:33:12

What sorts of things would you put into a pilot's hamper?

Inneedofbrandy Thu 04-Oct-12 16:54:25

Plums in brandy, or cherrys. Put clean kilner jars in oven to sterilise, add brandy plums or cherrys and seal. There is probably proper intructions somewhere.

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Thu 04-Oct-12 17:18:31

For an actual pilot? Probably travel sized toiletries etc. Maybe some books/kindle voucher?

RuleBritannia Thu 04-Oct-12 17:22:37

Lovely ideas here but, if I'm on your present list, please don't include mugs. I prefer a cup and saucer and some of your recipients might be the same although they've obviously tolerated any mugs they've been given in the past. If you have a mug, where do you put your spoon?

fuzzpig Thu 04-Oct-12 17:24:26

<lurks> smile

Inneedofbrandy Thu 04-Oct-12 17:24:45

Oh if you turn gingerbread upside down they look like reindeers if you wanted to bake something christmassy but simple (and sainsbobs do the luffliest gingerbread dough)

Scout19075 Thu 04-Oct-12 17:41:47

Actual pilots but of the small plane variety (not commercial pilots).

ethelb Fri 05-Oct-12 09:21:24

All lovely ideas but there was a thread on here a few weeks ago about what NOT to put in a christmas hamper. Generally, baked things were out for Xmas day. As was anything that will go off quickly as people already had enough food to last them until mid-Feb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now