Talk

Advanced search

Bigjigs or Brio?

(18 Posts)
KrassKim Thu 20-Sep-12 20:25:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wisteria36 Thu 20-Sep-12 20:34:03

We have a mixture of Brio, big jigs and ikea track/trains and the big jigs stuff is fine, am pleased with it. The ikea stuff can be a little stiff to join up with brio/big jigs but it's great value and we just help ds (3.2) to wriggle it together/apart. Haven't had any problems like that with the big jigs stuff and thinking of getting their engine shed for xmas. Hope that helps!

MissPricklePants Thu 20-Sep-12 20:36:15

dd has a combination of brio and bigjigs, both excellent quality and she will be getting another bigjigs set for xmas.

timetomoveon Sat 22-Sep-12 07:45:21

We've got a mix of bigjigs, brio, ikea, thomas and tesco.

They all fit together fine but you definitely get more for your money with bigjigs than with brio.

DilysPrice Sat 22-Sep-12 09:09:48

Tesco or John Lewis Brio-compatible sets are good. I'd get a basic layout from them and save Brio for special one-off bridges/tunnels eyc.

peanutMD Sat 22-Sep-12 09:47:56

We bought DS the Tesco and Chad Valley sets new as you get both for £25, these include hills, bridges, trains and figures of people stations and trees.

We then started buying more bits at boot sales, second hand and Ebay which include Brio, Bigjigs and the cheaper bits and I honestly dont think you can tell the difference.

KinkyAllTooOrangeDorito Sat 22-Sep-12 11:49:43

Loads of bigjigs, which is which is fantastic value and the range of bits you can get to build on is brilliant. We have brio, tesco and ikea alongside and it all connects and works together.

Goldpippin Sat 22-Sep-12 12:48:47

We are big fans of the big jig sets. Bought ds the mountain railway set last year and it is great.

EverybodysCryEyed Sun 23-Sep-12 22:30:43

We have Big-Jigs and Ikea and one or two bits from Brio. Price put us off! Ikea was the key to getting a load of good track.

Try TKMaxx - they often have sheds/garages etc that go

Iamgiulietta Sun 23-Sep-12 22:41:50

We have bigjigs its v nice quality.

beanandspud Sun 23-Sep-12 22:59:23

We have a mixture of all of them - brio, bigjigs, Tesco, ikea etc.

DS doesn't care where it's from, I have never really forgiven DH for spending €30 on a brio train but the Brio collapsing bridge is a favourite!

As they get older the more track the better as it becomes more and more complicated.

piprabbit Sun 23-Sep-12 23:01:24

We've got a mix of brands. We've bought quite a bit on ebay, it all gets thrown into the mix.

louisianablue2000 Sun 23-Sep-12 23:11:00

We've got a mix but think after Brio the best stuff is John Lewis, they make nice sets with a good variety of pieces.

FuntimeFelicity Tue 25-Sep-12 18:06:30

Ikea and ELC do starter sets which fit with the main brands. Have a look on ebay if you don't mind 2nd hand as there are often people selling their own dc's collections when they've grown out of it, we've added loads to ours this way.

Ds2 is getting the Bigjigs 5 way engine shed this year grin.

KeithLeMonde Tue 25-Sep-12 18:07:19

Haha, anyone else just read the title and think this was a name post? I was thinking "Bigjigs? Brio? Seriously????"

MissBetseyTrotwood Tue 25-Sep-12 20:47:53

I found Brio lasted longer. With interesting fixtures.

beanandspud Tue 25-Sep-12 22:33:59

grin at Baby Bigjigs.

FuntimeFelicity Wed 26-Sep-12 10:43:29

grin at Brio.

<watches baby names threads>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now