Talk

Advanced search

Reminder to click through Nectar eShops...

(24 Posts)
CreepyWeeBrackets Thu 20-Sep-12 13:01:04

... instead of buying directly from Amazon links.

I have missed out on a fair few points myself getting carried away by bargains smile

iloveholidays Thu 20-Sep-12 13:04:13

Oh bum - sounds like I've missed a lot here too. Spent a fortune on amazon over the last few weeks.

How do you do this? (Didn't realise I could...)

CreepyWeeBrackets Thu 20-Sep-12 13:14:13

I found about this from a money-saving thread a few months ago and I am always forgetting to do it.

linky

Play.com, Argos and Debenhams are there too.

iloveholidays Thu 20-Sep-12 13:25:27

Cool, thanks! I'll try to remember next time. Better let DP know as well smile

MySecretSelf Thu 20-Sep-12 13:36:20

Ooh, I didn't know you got nectar points from Amazon shopping. I normally click through Top Cashback for most of my online shopping but Amazon don't do cashback. Thanks for this!

KinkyAllTooOrangeDorito Thu 20-Sep-12 16:27:02

bugger.

gregssausageroll Thu 20-Sep-12 17:32:10

How do you spend nectar points?

KinkyAllTooOrangeDorito Thu 20-Sep-12 17:42:09

Pay for toys at argos with it - they scan it. Or shopping at sainsbury's. It's used like a debit card greggs.

gregssausageroll Thu 20-Sep-12 18:07:09

Is it like boots and needs to be full payment or can it be part?

WingDefence Thu 20-Sep-12 18:13:16

On a similar theme, I do all my online shopping via Easyfundraising for my chosen charity. So instead of getting nectar points (which I do collect normally) I have raised over £50 for charity just by clicking through from there.
These sites are really clever smile

SleepyFergus Thu 20-Sep-12 18:19:40

It can be part payment. There are loads of sites that give points via Nectar. They soon tot up! Sometimes they do promos like double or triple points at certain retailers.

OodHousekeeping Thu 20-Sep-12 18:35:13

I always forget cos I do loads from apps.

SleepyFergus Thu 20-Sep-12 19:14:43

Yeah me too despite having the nectar eshops app! Grrrr

OodHousekeeping Thu 20-Sep-12 19:26:36

But the eshop app leads to the mobile page which isn't as good

BillyBollyBandy Thu 20-Sep-12 19:30:05

I didn't know this!! Thank you thanks

MrsJamin Thu 20-Sep-12 19:35:40

I use www.easyfundraising.org.uk too to raise money for the boys' playgroup. You can download a toolbar which reminds you to click through the easyfundraising website if you're going to buy anything from a website. Just don't buy something without clicking through something first! www.kidstart.co.uk is also good for raising money for your children's savings.

MySecretSelf Thu 20-Sep-12 22:41:38

I'm sure I've converted nectar points to amazon vouchers before.

toddlerama Thu 20-Sep-12 22:47:09

I didn't know this and I just spent £30 on amazon before clicking on this thread. envy

SleepyFergus Fri 21-Sep-12 06:39:43

Oodhousekeeping I agree...with Amazon, I pick my items through the app and have them in my basket, then go via nectar where it takes me to the non app Amazon where my items are still saved, then I buy that way iykwim. Tis a hassle but I want those points!

And yy, pints can be converted into Amazon vouchers. Just be aware though that you gave to 'purchase' your amazon voucher via nectar and they send you a code. It's not instantaneous. I had to wait a couple of days once and was fuming as this wasn't explained on the nectar site and I wanted the item off amazon quickly. That may have changed though as it was a wee while ago I did it.

Boots also do something similar called 'Treat Steet' where you buy via them and gets Advantage points. Not used it myself but seem to have a lot of high street names.

SleepyFergus Fri 21-Sep-12 06:40:25

Pints = points

OodHousekeeping Fri 21-Sep-12 18:20:54

sleepy good plan!

Kveta Sat 22-Sep-12 06:52:27

I don't think you get nectar pointa on items already in your basket. I now put everything in a wish list, click through nectar and then add them to they basket.

I have £70 in nectar pts to convert to amazon vouchers this Christmas, can't wait!!

SharonGless Sat 22-Sep-12 06:58:26

Oh bollocks! Been ordering loads of Xmas presents already.

Thanks for the tip though.

I use my nectar points from the year to buy xmas booze

mynameis Sat 22-Sep-12 08:25:40

sad gutted have ordered so much recently after winning £100 amazon voucher.

Thanks for the tip will be using it everytime from now on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now