Talk

Advanced search

Blanched and then frozen parsnips, can I roast them from frozen or do I need to defrost?

(8 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 18-Dec-11 20:04:02

Just that really. Wanted to roast with garlic & rosemary after a good reception last year from dp and dd1 who said they didn't like them.

Oh, and, do you know if I can roast blanched & then frozen carrots from frozen as well?

Thank-you smile

lucysmam Sun 18-Dec-11 20:57:16

anyone?

GrimmaTheNome Sun 18-Dec-11 21:02:08

I've never tried, but given that you can cook bought frozen parsnips from frozen (Aunt Bessies etc) I'd have thought so. Maybe you should cook a trial one or two to check timing?

lucysmam Mon 19-Dec-11 20:38:12

Good plan to have a trial run. It's dp's fault, he took my fresh list to the market the other week when I was separating jobs/lists & got them. Will give them a whirl tomorrow..although not sure what to make for tea now!

serin Mon 19-Dec-11 23:36:42

I often cook parsnips from frozen that I have previously parboiled,tossed in a little butter, honey and black pepper. They are delicious and somehow come out of the oven less oily than the ones I have freshly made.

jasper Mon 19-Dec-11 23:51:44

from frozen is fine

lucysmam Wed 21-Dec-11 20:23:40

brilliant (didn't get round to trial run). Thank-you

rosepryke Thu 22-Dec-16 07:43:32

I am going to make a bake with creme fraiche, streaky bacon, leeks, kale and parsnips I thought i'd try using frozen veg to make life easier as I have 14 family coming for dinner
Can anyone tell me if this will be ok i'm mostly worried about the parsnips worried they might come out soggy ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now