Talk

Advanced search

ds I getting a dsi for xmas - what game shall I buy him?

(8 Posts)
leftmydignityatthedoor Tue 25-Oct-11 22:11:58

As the title says really - he's not computer game savvy at all. He's heard of mario brothers but doesn't really know what / who they are.

Dh and I are clueless. Its a dsi he is getting.

Help. Please?

Ryoko Tue 25-Oct-11 22:39:24

Professor Layton, Chrono Trigger, Okamiden, The World Ends With You, Soul Bubbles, Scribblenauts, Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario Kart, Another Code, Hotel Dusk.

Without knowing what kind of things he likes there is a list of good stuff off the top of my head.

howlingheadlessmunsters Tue 25-Oct-11 22:45:52

Depends on age of your DS. The Lego ones are great eg starwars or harry potter where eyou progress through levels unlocking doors etc. DS age7 loves Farm Frenzy where you start with chickens & progress to crops, dogs, sheep, cattle, then products eg pies (gets great reviews on Amazon). He & a friend have Mario winter olympics which has a huge number of shorter sports simulations.

Carrotsandcelery Tue 25-Oct-11 22:52:46

How old is your ds? I would be wary of any that involve a lot of reading unless he is a good reader.

IMHO Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart are 2 of the best. I would warn that if he struggles with any sort of frustration issues then you should be cautious as they can be infuriating if you struggle with a level.

I also agree that the Lego games are excellent. My ds loves Lego Batman. The Lego games seem to be far less frustrating too.

My ds is 6, nearly 7 btw, if that helps.

leftmydignityatthedoor Wed 26-Oct-11 08:41:51

Sorry I forgot to say - ds will be turning 5 at xmas and is not a good reader.

Thanks for suggestions.

Am thinking mario - yes?

feedtheghoul Wed 26-Oct-11 08:46:28

Ds got his at just 5 and couldn't read (still at early reading stages now turning 6). His favourites are super mario bros and mariokart. He loves Nintendogs too.

TheMonster Wed 26-Oct-11 08:46:50

My DS is 5 tomorrow and he got a DS last Xmas. He loves Toy Story 3, Mario Kart (that's a MUST!) and also Peppa Pig (although he long grew out of watching PP). He also has Mr Bean and quite likes that.

Carrotsandcelery Wed 26-Oct-11 08:50:57

At 5 I think Super Mario Bros or Mario Kart would be the safest bets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now