Talk

Advanced search

Sticker makers/machines - which ones are good

(6 Posts)
hophophippidtyhop Tue 25-Oct-11 09:11:04

Looking at getting dd1 one of these, she's 4 1/2. Which ones are easy to use, easy to buy replacement bits for, and would be able to do your own designs on, not keen on one with too many pre printed bits. Have only just thought of getting one, so not looked much yet, but looks like there's a few out there, so any recommendations would be good! TIA.

curlycat Tue 25-Oct-11 19:56:38

none none none none none and oh again nonegrin my dd is 11 and we've been through them all along with the badge makers, various food makers, perfume makers, bath bomb makers and none of them ever ever ever work like they do on telly.

sorry that's probably not much of a help!

mycatoscar Tue 25-Oct-11 20:04:04

Would agree with the previous poster, we have a sticker maker and ice cream maker so far and now dd wants a mr frosty!

The sticker maker is a Cella one which is simple to use and effective BUT the replacement film cartridges are really expensive, especially as I would have to do mail order and pay £5 postage too! Would not recommend unless you can find a cheap and easy source if refills.

hophophippidtyhop Tue 25-Oct-11 20:05:21

Ha! I was thinking of getting one mainly because when I asked her what she wanted, it was all drawing, painting and sticking stuff. She already has a box of craft bits, so I was going to refresh all the pens and thought she may like a sticker maker. She hasn't given out much she wants this year, has just started school and is obsessed with writing and playing schools!

curlycat Tue 25-Oct-11 20:13:45

last year you could get a school room set from letterbox she might love that since i've probably put you off anything elsesmile over the years i have discovered (to great expense) that very few of the arty maker things work well or properly and my dd was and still is happy with new pens, pencils and paper.

my 2 have never had mr frosty but i remember it being really hard to grate the ice when i had it many moons ago.

sunnyday123 Tue 25-Oct-11 21:13:44

yes i have lots similar too and all rubbish!! So hard as dd wants them - now i try to get them from tkmaxx - if under £10 i get them otherwise i try to talk her out of it!
I have managed to get loads of arty bargains though from tkmaxx or hom bargains like papertastic, mosaic art and gel pens etc - all great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now