Talk

Advanced search

Make Your Own Fabric Advent Calendar Kits....Do they Exist??

(11 Posts)
CDMforever Mon 24-Oct-11 22:44:23

Have googled but couldn't find any that were suited to my very very basic sewing skills.

Thought Hobbycraft might have summat but nothing on the interweb.

If not ready made kits, does anyone have any great ideas about how to make a fabric advent calendar??

ja9 Mon 24-Oct-11 22:51:10

my local sewing machine shop stocks some. are there such shops near you?

CDMforever Mon 24-Oct-11 22:56:37

No ja9, not to my knowledge.

We have a haberdashers, would that do?

Tolalola Mon 24-Oct-11 23:02:31

Posted on another thread about this, but I made a super easy one by sewing little drawstring bags out of red gingham, then hot-glueing red felt numbers on teh from. Hang them off a twig/bannisters/mantlepiece or whatever and fill them with tiny presents or chocolate.

jicky Mon 24-Oct-11 23:38:57

Think I saw some in my local hobbycraft, so maybe just not on web. John Lewis might have something.

Squitch Tue 25-Oct-11 10:53:25

John Lewis do sell them

www.johnlewis.com/230976566/Product.aspx?SearchTerm=advent+calender+kit

smile

ja9 Tue 25-Oct-11 11:01:35

Squitch, that looks like a lovely one... the ones i saw were quite old-ladyish...

CDMforever Tue 25-Oct-11 14:40:44

tolalola thats a great idea!

The john lewis one looks lush too.

Went to hobbycraft today but their selection wasn't that great.

What I'd really like is a FELT kit.

Squitch Tue 25-Oct-11 16:18:29

A felt one would be really easy to make. Just get a rectangle of fabric of your choice. Cut some felt into small squares and stitch on to the rectangle. You could then either embroider the numbers onto the felt, or if you're not much of a sewer cut out numbers in contrasting felt and glue them on. Then just attach 2 ribbon loops to the top corners of the fabric for hanging and voila! In fact, I'm going to make one smile

wheredidiputit Tue 25-Oct-11 16:53:09

here and here and

CDMforever Tue 25-Oct-11 22:19:21

Wheredidiputit, they are exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Now I just have to make the bugger!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now