Advanced search

Can I just issue a polite request to keep The Thing about Christmas (you know what thing) out of thread titles? Pretty please.

(12 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SixStringWidow Mon 24-Oct-11 15:45:46

Glad you posted this actually.

I would never have thought about it to be honest, but it would really upset me if the dc were to find out by reading a thread title on my screen.

So good on you for the polite reminder smile

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:51:02

They know.

And you know they know.

They just don't want to say it out loud because they prefer to play the game.

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:52:11

I kind of agree that there's no need for it to be written in big letters, but there's not thread saying

there's just one saying "my DD said..."

and there are lots of threads where 5 year olds say all kinds of things, doesn't mean anyone should believe what the 5 year old said.

GooseyLoosey Mon 24-Oct-11 15:52:44

I'm not sure they necessarilly do know. My 7 year old certainly believes it's all real and I think my 8 year old does too as he was recounting the fact his friend does not with some disgust!

GypsyMoth Mon 24-Oct-11 15:53:14

Is mumsnet for children now then?confused

CheeseandGherkins Mon 24-Oct-11 15:54:08

I've actually thought the same over a few threads and hidden them instantly. Dcs don't read MN but if they walked past and glimpsed then it might make a difference. Dd1 is nearly 10 and ds1 is 8 in a few days so there isn't that long left as it is probably, hoping for a few more years from ds2 who is 4 though.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:56:42

I still think they know.

jamandposterpaint Mon 24-Oct-11 15:56:51

Of course mumsnet is not for children, don't be silly.

OP is just pointing out the fact that sometimes dc can catch sight of the screen.

A polite little reminder that won't harm to go along with.

...and so what if they're playing the game. We can just play along too.

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:57:47

I am now waiting for "Mummy what is The Thing about Christmas you know what thing ?"

"What Thing is it mummy?"

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:57:55

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now