Talk

Advanced search

Can I just issue a polite request to keep The Thing about Christmas (you know what thing) out of thread titles? Pretty please.

(12 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SixStringWidow Mon 24-Oct-11 15:45:46

Glad you posted this actually.

I would never have thought about it to be honest, but it would really upset me if the dc were to find out by reading a thread title on my screen.

So good on you for the polite reminder smile

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:51:02

They know.

And you know they know.

They just don't want to say it out loud because they prefer to play the game.

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:52:11

I kind of agree that there's no need for it to be written in big letters, but there's not thread saying

"There is *NO FATHER CHRISTMAS*"

there's just one saying "my DD said..."

and there are lots of threads where 5 year olds say all kinds of things, doesn't mean anyone should believe what the 5 year old said.

GooseyLoosey Mon 24-Oct-11 15:52:44

I'm not sure they necessarilly do know. My 7 year old certainly believes it's all real and I think my 8 year old does too as he was recounting the fact his friend does not with some disgust!

GypsyMoth Mon 24-Oct-11 15:53:14

Is mumsnet for children now then?confused

CheeseandGherkins Mon 24-Oct-11 15:54:08

I've actually thought the same over a few threads and hidden them instantly. Dcs don't read MN but if they walked past and glimpsed then it might make a difference. Dd1 is nearly 10 and ds1 is 8 in a few days so there isn't that long left as it is probably, hoping for a few more years from ds2 who is 4 though.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:56:42

I still think they know.

jamandposterpaint Mon 24-Oct-11 15:56:51

Of course mumsnet is not for children, don't be silly.

OP is just pointing out the fact that sometimes dc can catch sight of the screen.

A polite little reminder that won't harm to go along with.

...and so what if they're playing the game. We can just play along too.

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:57:47

I am now waiting for "Mummy what is The Thing about Christmas you know what thing ?"

"What Thing is it mummy?"

Trills Mon 24-Oct-11 15:57:55

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now