Talk

Advanced search

Is there such a thing as a real-looking artificial Christmas tree?

(4 Posts)
NevilleBarnes Mon 24-Oct-11 09:21:22

DH hates real Christmas trees, he is bah humbug about the whole festive season tbh, esp now we have the DC as he thinks it turns them into argos worshipping horrors grin

I, on the other hand, love Christmas. The lights, the songs on the radio, the general buzz. Love it. But I have agreed to compromise on the tree this year.
Last year we only had a pitiful 2foot tree which the DC ruined decorated grin.

So, does anyone actually have an artificial Christmas tree that looks remotely real? If so, where did you get it from and how much did it cost. I am aware that they can be pretty pricey but as DH points out, a decent real one can cost £40 per year.

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Mon 24-Oct-11 11:20:04

Ours looks lovely, nice and thick, no bare patches, and if you put the time in bending the branches properly it looks fairly real. Ours came from B&Q last year, it's 7ft :D and cost £49.99 (they did a half price offer on trees during November so we snapped it up then).

Note I say fairly real, not completely real. No real tree would, like ours, have absolutely no bare patches. In a lot of respects our tree actually looks BETTER than a real one. I just burn a Yankee Candle balsam and cedar jar to get that christmas tree smell.

girlywhirly Mon 24-Oct-11 15:35:35

I have a Dunhill fir 5ft 5ins made by an American company, the National Tree Company I think it's called. They are not very widely available in stores here. You can look at one online at hayesgardenworld.co.uk although I bought mine nine years ago from a local garden centre. You can look at close up views of the branches on the website. A friend did a double take before he asked "is it real?"

It is sturdy and has survived the cat climbing it when she was young. The best £60 I ever spent, and it will keep going for many more years I think. The same tree is now £79.99 on that website.

NevilleBarnes Mon 24-Oct-11 17:38:40

Ooh thanks, will have a look in B&Q and at the tree co website. I did look at some online but can't tell how real they look from a photo. Good to have recommendations though.

Many thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now