Talk

Advanced search

something for my dad!!!!

(7 Posts)
MonsterCherry Sun 23-Oct-11 14:38:05

has unusual tastes and doesnt really do christmas. previous successes have been cheese board and knife set with foodie/ port hamper, old fashioned magnifying glass, upcycled grolsch glasses. likes formula one racing, food/alcohol, road runner and has quite a bizarre sense of humour. is nearly 60 and a proper grumpy old git!!!

Magneto Sun 23-Oct-11 14:45:08

Try firebox.com for ideas for quirky gifts but don't forget to shop around if you find something you like as it can be cheaper elsewhere a lot of the time.

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sun 23-Oct-11 14:49:58

My Dad previously liked a hamper with old-fashioned, school-days type stuff (Think school dinners/traditional grub - such as dandelion & burdock, steak and kidney pudding, spotted dick and custard, some sweets etc. Got him a copy of the Beano annual as a bit of a silly to go with it.

MonsterCherry Sun 23-Oct-11 14:53:29

he wont appreciate beano i dont think. i was looking for a roadrunner t-shirt, but have never found one

insanityscratching Sun 23-Oct-11 16:26:59

roadrunner t shirts here

insanityscratching Sun 23-Oct-11 16:36:11

more here

MonsterCherry Sun 23-Oct-11 19:17:23

thanks insanity, that first one was almost perfect but have found a better one on the same site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now