Talk

Advanced search

Would you appriciate this gift

(21 Posts)
MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 22-Oct-11 12:59:35

For lovely friend of mine, was going to put prints of her 2 DC (8W and 2.1) footprints in a frame

Is this a bit naff though?!

Rosa Sat 22-Oct-11 13:02:02

I think its a very nice gift

knittedbreast Sat 22-Oct-11 13:02:42

no thats lovely. shes a mum shes busy and will really love that you have thought to do that smile

tigerlillyd02 Sat 22-Oct-11 15:19:14

I'd love it!

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 22-Oct-11 15:43:27

Excellent, thank you!! Am looking after them for a couple of hours next week so will do it then!

Now, any ideas on how to make it look gorgeous?! I want to put their names next to the footprint but I want it pretty and lovely and shabby chic and expensive looking! help!!

knittedbreast Sat 22-Oct-11 16:13:55

use that kind of soft fabricy paper thats a bit worn? you can buy it in sheets at hobbycraft/whsmith prob. You could write their names and ages beneath with a caligraphy pen?

I think they less you do the better itl look though smile

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 22-Oct-11 16:18:51

That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking wrt paper....need to find someone who has lovely handwriting though!!

Am also not sure about what colour to do footprints....I was going to use ink but I want something v easy to wash off!!

TheMonster Sat 22-Oct-11 16:21:16

It's a lovely idea!

timidviper Sat 22-Oct-11 16:23:48

You can get some nice bits and pieces or ideas for names, etc from scrapbooking bit of Hobbycraft, Lakeland, etc

Cheeseandseveredfingersarnie Sat 22-Oct-11 16:27:15

its a really sweet idea.

WholeLottaRosie Sat 22-Oct-11 16:57:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

countessbabycham Sat 22-Oct-11 17:05:15

I think that's a lovely present.

When I did my DC's I did it with a darkish coloured paint and then photocopied them (this way you can also 'tippex' out any splodges and re-photocopy).It gave a lovely monochrome finish.

I then used a frame with a mount and two apertures side by side.

I was really happy with the result.

If I were to add names I would probably do it in smallish handwriting,bottom right,in pencil

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 22-Oct-11 17:27:30

Nope, no one into card making (9 friends sell cupcakes mind you! Could do with a more varied range of talents people!!)

Was going to stamp them onto the paper either using black ink or bronze paint...but it absolutely HAS to be easy to remove from skin!!, then mount onto plain paper behind then frame

This is far more difficult then previously thought grin

IdHarmAPumpkin Sat 22-Oct-11 17:58:16

As a tip... It also looks good if you paint the fabric, then get DC's to stand on it... When they step off they take some paint with then so you get a negative type print. Does threat make sense?

I have never done it myself but have seen it elsewhere.... Looked fab and thought it seemed much easier to do with younger kids

IdHarmAPumpkin Sat 22-Oct-11 17:59:02

'that' not threat... Blimmin phone!

susiedaisy Sat 22-Oct-11 18:01:02

Very thoughtful i would love it and be thrilled that you went to that much trouble.

superego Sat 22-Oct-11 19:55:48

My friend did this with the whole family's handprints on a block canvas - it looked lovely smile.

Moomoomie Sat 22-Oct-11 21:31:37

I too have done this with our handprints onto a canvas using poster paints.
Also I have done the childrens hand prints onto plain white mugs using porcelain paint, once dry the mugs are put into the oven to set, also feet prints onto plates using the same.

fifitrixibell Sat 22-Oct-11 22:53:57

I did this with all my DCs using a silver ink pad ( the kind you get from hobby craft). The ink came off with baby wipes after. I did them onto black card, then put a little black and white close up photo of their face above, and their name and age below written in silver pen. I'm sure your friend will love it!

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 23-Oct-11 18:31:12

bought this too do the stamp with

Am a TAD worried its not going to come off though

MilkNoSugarPlease Mon 24-Oct-11 17:57:26

It came off! Hurrah! With serious scrubbing mind!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now