Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bah Humbug - making New Year Resolutions that you keep & make a difference

(1 Post)
ResRev Fri 21-Oct-11 13:11:37

A few years ago, stomping around my bedroom trying to hide more Christmas stuff that I was sure we didn't need, I came up with the idea for Resolution Revolution - we all make a resolution to do something for someone else - it's become a family tradition, has given us all lots of fun and we've done some things that we probably wouldn't have done otherwise - I've volunteered with a local Horticultural Training scheme for young NEETS and this year we all helped set up some garden tea parties for people with dementia and their families which was a great success.

I approached the British Humanist Association to see if they would like to take on the idea and run it as an open for all seasonal idea. They said yes. We have just launched packs for teachers to run the project in school www.humanist.org.uk/resolution-revolution. We are gearing up with a website for everyone that will be launched end of November www.resolution-revolution.org.uk. Here you can sign up now and will be able to get ideas, find out about how to make resolutions you'll stick to and make a pledge online - receiving email reminders to help you make it happen.

Would love to hear what you think and be great to get more families involved this New Year. Make a resolution - join the revolution. All the best Joanne

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now