Talk

Advanced search

Teacher/Nursery staff presents.

(5 Posts)
Pigleychez Wed 19-Oct-11 20:00:39

My first year of buying gifts for teachers. DD has 6 preschool teachers so nothing too expensive.

Was thinking of either doing something homemade (cookies etc) , or something like some LUSH bars or something.

Which do you think they would prefer?

If Homemade, then a pot each or a hamper selection to share in the staff room? Will they be fed up of food gifts do you think as Im sure they will get hundreds of boxes of chocs?

mmmmmchocolate Thu 20-Oct-11 11:21:35

Last year me and DD made Christmas cakes for her nursery teachers and they went down very well! It worked out expensive because I had to buy the tin and a bottle of brandy. This year I already have them so it has cost me about a tenner to get the ingredients for 2 cakes (which will make 8 fairly large blocks of fruitcake). Cookies would be lovely too but would need to be made near the date of giving so factor in if you will have time to do that at the end of term smile

Merrin Thu 20-Oct-11 13:28:48

We always do a nice Christmas tree decoration.

Pigleychez Thu 20-Oct-11 22:03:25

Well I have made personalised gingerbread men for each of them so its something to go with them really. (pic on my profile)

Cakes could work but then I don't seem to have much luck with cakes! The seem to end up like Frisbee's!!

A tube (covered pringles tube?) of cookies?

Some homemade body scrub?

Any other ideas?

onehellofaride Thu 20-Oct-11 22:27:53

I am planning to make some hand scrub next month for DS's teachers etc. He is in reception and goes to out of school club so there are alot of them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now