Talk

Advanced search

What can I get my DH thats a bit different?

(15 Posts)
rhondajean Wed 19-Oct-11 19:08:17

Before I start, I know we spoil each other at Christmas but we are both only children, not big families, and we enjoy it.

I just feel like I am always getting him the same things. Aftershave, nice shaving set, CDs, DVDs, pjs, even the same sweets. Ive got his big present picked out - any ideas for nice and unusual gifts to go along with it?

Thanks!

attheendoftheday Wed 19-Oct-11 19:20:48

Wallet, keyring, tickets to cinema/theatre/gig, nice scarf, unusual chocolate (e.g. chilli chocolate), cook book.

Does he do any camping or walking? There's always lots of gadgets and bits for that. Or into computers? I Want One of Those, Not On the High Street and Firebox are all good for ideas. If he's at all geeky like my DP then Think Geek are good too.

rhondajean Thu 20-Oct-11 18:31:11

He is very into fitness but not so much outdoorsy. Im going to take an evening over the weekend and look through those websites, theres tons on them. I like the idea of the chocolate too (Im hoping to get Stone Roses tickets for him)!

Thanks

OneHandFlapping Thu 20-Oct-11 18:35:51

I'm going to get mine a "ride" in one of those vertical wind tunnel things that sky divers use to practise their tricks. And I'll get one for me as well - and possibly the kids if not too pricey.

I've been told that it's great fun.

CroissantNeuf Thu 20-Oct-11 18:41:10

onehandflapping - indoor sky-diving! That's exactly what I came on here to suggest

MrsChemist Thu 20-Oct-11 18:46:31

Onehand, there's a groupon fon today for the indoor skydiving place in Manchester if you're close to there. Not sure when you have to redeem it though

OneHandFlapping Fri 21-Oct-11 10:24:50

Sadly nowhere near Manchester.

girlywhirly Fri 21-Oct-11 11:25:26

What about something from the Planet Rock (radio station) website?

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Fri 21-Oct-11 12:11:34

How old is he? My DP was a little boy in the early 80s so I'm getting him a BigTrak from Amazon as he gets all misty eyed whenever they're on TV programs about nostalgic toys/the 80s.

WaitingForMe Fri 21-Oct-11 12:35:09

DP and I drew my two step brothers in our Secret Santa (there are seven of us including partners and it started getting ridiculous so we have a £25 rule and each buy for one person). There's 2-for-1 at £49 which is PERFECT!

This has quite literally made my day as I had no idea what to get them. Thanks ladies.

sis Fri 21-Oct-11 12:40:02

OneHandFlapping and CroissantNeuf the Groupon voucher is also available for the company's Milton Keynes branch - but you have to buy the voucher by the end of today. The Groupon details are here.

GreenBlueRed Fri 21-Oct-11 12:50:04

There is a Groupon offer for this in Milton Keynes too, if that's nearer for anyone.

GreenBlueRed Fri 21-Oct-11 12:50:48

Ah, too late, Sis beat me - got too wrapped up in all the deals before posting!

OneHandFlapping Fri 21-Oct-11 18:29:43

I have just saved myself an awful lot of money! Many thanks to sis and GreenblueRed.

Who said MN was a waste of time?

<glares at DH>

rhondajean Fri 21-Oct-11 22:55:41

He is about the same age Pom - thanks - I dont think he would be keen on the BigTrak but I am sure I saw a thing somewhere you plug into the TV and its a joystick loaded with old Sega games or similar - am off to search for it now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now