Talk

Advanced search

Poundland!

(11 Posts)
celebmum Wed 19-Oct-11 08:59:40

At the risk of exposing myself to be a cheapskate.... Our poundland (the big chainstore green one!) has some great Disney books in at the min, lovely hardbacks with rrp of £3! Bargain and make great stocking fillers!

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Wed 19-Oct-11 10:29:34

Got them smile our bribery good behaviour charts get 10p per star so when they get £1 they're let loose in £land, they think they're rich that way lol, ds got the toystory one and dd winnie the pooh, lovely books.

Ours also has a ton of nice paper back stories to, upsy down town, naughtiest fairy, snow queen etc.

gregssausageroll Wed 19-Oct-11 13:32:31

I was quite impressed with what our local one had. I intend going back when shopping for DS stocking.

moajab Wed 19-Oct-11 13:57:28

I was in our Poundland earlier and got a Thomas the Tank engine bowl and plate for a pound each - ceramic ones not plastic - great for my DS3's stocking. They also had loads of mugs with Disney characters on.

picnicbasketcase Wed 19-Oct-11 14:07:32

I don't do stockings anymore, the kids would rip through them really quickly and then ignore the contents in favour of bigger stuff, but back when I did, Poundland was a good place for buying bits and bobs. Will have to go and look for the Disney books, sounds quite good for DD.

onehellofaride Thu 20-Oct-11 22:40:25

picnicbasket I'm probably being an arse but that sounds really sad!

OddBoots Thu 20-Oct-11 22:44:19

That's such a shame, picnic. sad

Bohica Thu 20-Oct-11 22:47:51

Our stockings last all morning! We do an elf xmas eve basket as well, new pj's colouring book, reindeer food, hot chocolate etc.

Pound land is great for filler presents!

picnicbasketcase Thu 20-Oct-11 23:07:09

They haven't noticed, tbh. I thought it would be sad for them not to have stockings but I found I was spending loads of money on stuff to fill them, but nearly all of it ended up in charity shops (apart from sweets obviously) so I decided to still get them a few small 'stocking filler' gifts but just wrap them normally. It costs less, they're not bothered and I don't end up feeling annoyed that I've wasted my time. smile

trixymalixy Fri 21-Oct-11 23:01:21

I have bought the poundland toy story and Winnie the pooh cutlery sets for justabout all the children I know. DS was bought a set last year and totally loves them!

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Fri 21-Oct-11 23:25:45

We have the princess and toystory cutlery, its really nice.

Also found yesterday, pack of two playdough with a buzz or woody topper that's a cutter/stamper.

Got some lovely paperback stories too, big mum plum, farmer ham, upsy down town, smidge, snow queen, the box, twit twoo etc. And toystory/princess stationary set and notepads,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now