Talk

Advanced search

Six year old DD?

(15 Posts)
Changing2011 Mon 17-Oct-11 13:08:11

Hi, was wondering if anyone has any ideas for six year old girl?

She already has a bike, trampoline, loads of DVD's and a little telly to play them on (she never bothers and its gathering dust), barbies and baby dolls galore, an indoor play house, prams x 3 and assorted baby items (highchair, cot, bouncy chair etc) - we have a family IPad so I really dont want to get her a DS. Please help, I am stuck! Clothes are not going to go down well, and she has plenty of coats, boots etc. I dont want to get tickets for anything as I feel she will be disappointed when opening them... bah! I dont really want any more garden toys as we have a small garden.

I just want to make this Christmas really special as she will be getting a new baby brother or sister in Feb so this really is my last Xmas with my PFB smile

uptightmama Mon 17-Oct-11 14:53:55

Sylvanian families? 25% off in Argos at mo'. Am getting my 5.5 dd the little house which comes with furniture and a character for £26!
Was thinking of getting her a marble run too, but will get that for ds now instead.
What about Playmobil as another idea?
Or treat her to taking her out for the day to get new clothes?

Changing2011 Mon 17-Oct-11 16:37:44

Hi thanks for the reply. She had sylvan nursery school and the bus last Christmas from mil but to be honest she hasn't played with it much, the pieces are too small and get lost very easily. Might look into more Lego and creative stuff. Have just asked her what she wants and she would most like her bedroom redone ( think she has overheard too much talk of the new nursery) so will take to DH about getting her a rug and lampshade, possibly some new bedding and then at least she can open those on the big day. Any decorating will have to be done after Christmas!

MonsterCherry Tue 18-Oct-11 09:41:00

anything hello kitty- my oldest girl will be 7 in march and wants a hello kitty scooter (£15 in the entertainer), a hello kitty mp3 player (£25 in argos) and a set of hello kitty beads (£10 in argos) thats all she will tell me. oh and a mahoosive lotso bear (from toy story 3) which is £40 in the disney store.

CaptainNancy Tue 18-Oct-11 09:51:49

Walkie talkies? Will be useful when you want her to fetch a muslin, a nappy, a clean babygro from upstairs wink
My DD same age is likely to get playmobil...

tummytickler Tue 18-Oct-11 10:20:29

My dd is 6 too. She is very easy to please, and we are getting her a baby doll, dressing up clothes, Playmobil, Schleich elves and unicorns and the one thing she has really asked for is a Gelarti set, so we will get that too.

Changing2011 Tue 18-Oct-11 12:46:16

My DD is always easily pleased so thats a bonus... I suppose I should focus on giving her bits to open which she will love regardless of whether she has already got similar.

Dressing up clothes are a super idea, as is Playmobil stuff - anyone who is buying cool stuff like this please link, I will be eternally grateful!

I want to save getting her a new baby doll for when the baby comes, we were going to get her a pressie off the baby to ease things along (although she is really excited and not jealous at all so far).

Oh, and we tried Early Learning Centre walkie talkies a couple of birthdays ago and they were absolute crap, wish I had taken them back. She will have to use the baby monitors to hear me shouting for backup smile !

onefatcat Tue 18-Oct-11 12:54:24

My 6 year old loves the Build-a-bear characters and the all the cute clothes etc, she also likes zhu zhu pets and she would love one of the furreal pets like the walking dogs and cats or the large puppy they do.

CaptainNancy Tue 18-Oct-11 13:14:38

thanks for letting me know elc walkie talkies crap! smile
will scout around elsewhere for ours!

tiredteddy Tue 18-Oct-11 13:35:58

We have the kidizoom walkie talkies vetch like the cameras and they are excellent. You can send messages like pre-written texts and pictures. The range is great too we recently used them on a car journey between two separate cars!

ASuitableGirl Tue 18-Oct-11 13:40:42

DD is 6 and likes soft toys, preferably cats and if they are Hello Kitty that is even better. Am thinking of getting her some nice pens and pencils and notebooks etc as she is doing a lot of writing at the moment and would be good to encourage it.

She did have a Hello Kitty scooter which stopped working properly quickly (happened to a friend as well) which was a bit annoying. She doesn't have much in the way of Barbies so am thinking we might expand that a bit. She is possibly interested in a camera as well (am thinking I might need to spread this among relatives as well grin)

DorisIsTheDarkDestroyer Tue 18-Oct-11 13:44:14

DD1 is 6 and loves build a bear ( and the website buila bear VILE as she calls it grin) She would like a new outfit for her b-a-b

She will be getting a second hand bike (if I get round to tarting it up!). Most of her presents will not be expensive but she will have bits to open. Which at this age is the bestest bit...

simpson Tue 18-Oct-11 13:44:25

how about a scooter??

I am getting my 6yr old DS a leappad and some roller blades.

Changing2011 Tue 18-Oct-11 18:08:30

Hi, tired teddy might look those walkie talkies up, my dd loves to try and text on my phone but I usually get fed up helping as she is so slow grin so the text messages on that might be fun for her.

We have aunties and uncles who are obsessed with build a sodding bear shop so we have three of those already sad anyone want one!

Seriously, i will be glad when she is not the only grandchild/niece anymore as we do get swamped. I want to keep it simple from me and DH, just a couple of nice key pressies and some small stocking fillers. Even mil has nabbed my idea of getting her a bauble every Christmas, she nabbed that when she was born hmm

Had a look on the elc website at dressing up clothes but they only go to age 6 and my dd is very tall so might have to look somewhere else for that. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming.

Oh to the poster who was thinking of a camera, we got dd the vtech kiddizoom and it was quite good, but keep the warranty, ours froze after a few months but Argos happily replaced it.

CaptainNancy Tue 18-Oct-11 23:25:05

tiredteddy- those walkie tlakies look great! thanks v much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now