Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for my mum

(6 Posts)
storminabuttercup Sun 16-Oct-11 18:06:54

I'm looking for something scent/candle related, something a bit different, she loves all that smelly stuff as she finds it relaxing but I'm stumped!

Any ideas, looking to spend 25-30

Was considering a hamper but what to put in it if I did?

She's had a stressful year really want to get something good!

Please help!

Thanks!

LovingChristmas Sun 16-Oct-11 18:13:08

Hmmm, Yankee Candles are fab, although expensive!

If did hamper, I would put in (assuming she likes the following)

A good book,
Some very nice (Lush/Body Shop) bath foam
A mini bottle of wine
Some small (yankee) candles
A nice foot scrub
body moisteriser/body butter
hand cream
Nail varnish

Or would skip the expensive yankee candles and find a local beauty place, we have a couple near us and things like manicures and facials are really reasonable TBH, and would put in a voucher for something like that!

storminabuttercup Sun 16-Oct-11 19:20:26

That sounds fab, I love Yankee candles! So does she will look online!

ToothlessHag Sun 16-Oct-11 19:32:17

some good deals here for the mini yankees plus holders. 6 for £10 here

yankee candles are lovely and great as a gift as I dont usually have the money to spend on them for myself

rhondajean Sun 16-Oct-11 19:43:19

Yankee Candles do a lovely gift set, I cant find it online but its a sampler set and looks like a book, called the 12 days of Xmas, 12 different scented candles. Its about £20. I would LOVE it - you could get a wee bottle of sparkling wine, a book, some bath bubbles and a chocolate bar, put them in a hamper or gift box with it, might be a little bit over £30 but I think it would make a fantastic present.

Here is a link to let you see it, you will probably find it a few pounds cheaper if you shop around.

www.scentedcandleshop.com/online_store/yankee-candle-christmas-gift-set-12-days-of-christmas-sampler-book.cfm

storminabuttercup Sun 16-Oct-11 21:03:58

Thanks for the links I have used the one that Rhonda has suggested before and it's great, I'm willing to spend more that 30, i know that's quite a tight amount but we are broke.

She likes all the real life books and refuse to buy them as I don't think they help to cheer her up!

Maybe a small bottle of champagne and some Lilly o'briens!

Seems like a good idea!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now