Talk

Advanced search

Pram & Doll Suggestions For 18 month Old

(12 Posts)
JoJoH1 Sat 15-Oct-11 22:03:58

My DD will be 18 months at Christmas and is currently obsessed with dolls. I was thinking of getting her a new doll and her first pram for the big day. Have looked at lots of the normal toy prams (silver cross, mamma and pappa) but they are all to big so any suggestions for a cute wooden one i like the look of the mini moover pram but have read that it is quite small so would she outgrow this quite quickly? Any other thoughts? On the subject of dolls was thinking baby annabell? Thoughts?

Kingsroadie Sat 15-Oct-11 22:35:51

My daughter is nearly 2 and she has two prams - one is www.mothercare.com/Early-Learning-Centre-Cupcake-Stroller/dp/B002TM53PY this one which folds like a normal umbrella buggy and can therefore be put under her buggy/in the hood when you go out to the park etc. The other one is www.johnlewis.com/230998428/Product.aspx this one. It folds but not as small and so is a bit tricky to take out to the park (of course they never use them the whole time you are out so you end up carrying them/putting them in their buggy) Needless to say she prefers the first, less expensive one.

She has a first cupcake doll and is getting a new doll for her birthday - www.elc.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-ELCENGB-Site/default/mProduct-Show?pid=130190&cgid=5531&start=1 look similar Baby Annabel although obviously we haven't got it yet so don't know what it's like and I know lots of people who have Baby Annabel and really like it.

Hope that helps a bit!

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Sat 15-Oct-11 22:37:40

Definitely pushchair not pram. DD has a pram but it doesn't really mean anything to her, hardly seeing them around. She gets really jealous of pushchairs though.

ja9 Sat 15-Oct-11 23:00:04

I bought my dd this one for her first birthday. I wanted something sturdy and babyish... Didnt want her to have a big girl's pram too soon... It has been a huge hit and is still played with most days and she is now 4.5... Hth

JoJoH1 Sat 15-Oct-11 23:28:15

great thanks ladies i like the idea of being able to take it out and fold it up also liking the idea of using a wooden pram as a walker will look into both. Not knowing much about dolls is cupcake better than annabell?

ja9 Sat 15-Oct-11 23:31:41

We also had one of those cheap buggies you get for a fiver for walks etc. Dd had my first baby annabell...its safer than normal baby annabell as no loose eyes for swallowing...dont know about cupcake...

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 16-Oct-11 00:27:08

My 2yo charge has this one and its brilliant

handle height changes so grows with her, is sturdy so doesn't tip, folds up to fit under a stroller and is v worth the money!!

We love it grin

Kingsroadie Sun 16-Oct-11 08:38:09

JoJoH1 - Think the new cupcake one is a new doll, just out - so no idea what it's like yet. It seems to be in the same vein as Baby Annabel though...

MilkNoSugar - That's the one we have and my nearly two year old prefers her cheapie umbrella one - funny how they're all different isn't it! smile

GuillotinedMaryLacey Sun 16-Oct-11 09:05:39

DD had the cupcake stroller and pram at that age and it was fine. They both fell apart within 2 years but by that time she was ready to move on anyway. She now has a replica M&P Herbie which was bought for her 3rd birthday but at nearly 4 she's only just tall enough for it now.

winefairy Sun 16-Oct-11 10:42:43

I bought the Moover pram for a friend's little girl and actually thought it was quite large. It's also very, very lovely. My DD makes a beeline for it every time we visit and she's almost 5. I wouldn't discount it if I were you.

Tikkabillajive Sun 16-Oct-11 12:55:35

The Moover pram is SO lovely, my 2yo niece has one and my dd who is 6 adores it. I wish they'd been around when dd was that age as I'd definitely have bought her one!

IMO you can't beat Corolle or Gotz for baby dolls - have a look at the range available at www.bambolina.co.uk which is a fab website with brilliant service.

hophophippidtyhop Sun 16-Oct-11 13:48:17

my dd has the john lewis pram- she loves it because it has a hood. I would second the corolle dolls, they smell good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now