Talk

Advanced search

what can i get for a 5/6 yo girl?

(9 Posts)
ReastieHorrorShow Fri 14-Oct-11 17:13:32

for about £5. It's dhs niece. I have no idea what she's into. Maybe a game or toy? Anything good on offer anywhere? It would be nice if I could make it look like I've spent more than I had as I usually spent double what I will this year only we have no money with mat leave. Her parents are quite keen on educational type stuff hmm [skint]

LydiaWickham Fri 14-Oct-11 18:33:26

Not, having a 5 yo DD, not sure what to suggest, but Tescos have a half price toy sale on right now, might be worth a look.

ReastieHorrorShow Fri 14-Oct-11 18:37:56

yeah lydia I went to that earlier this week.....was overwhelmed with toys and no idea which one she would like (or one that was cheap) hmm

Small character types things, Littlest Pet Shop, My Little Pony type stuff, or craft kits are popular with my 5 year old DD and her friends. Craft kits always good for those with educationally inclined parents, just look for something with the right age group rating. DD particularly liked a ceramic pony that you decorate yourself which she got last year (Sainsburys do them)

Lilyloo Fri 14-Oct-11 19:10:11

Early learning centre has a half price sale on how about [http://www.elc.co.uk/half-term-half-price/176975,default,sc.html?cm_mmc=PPC-_-Google-_-Broad-_-50+off+selected+toys&gclid=CN-n84Li6KsCFYIMfAodsAN4IQ keyboard]] or craft stuff
I have got this for dd 6

Lilyloo Fri 14-Oct-11 19:11:24

keyboard

ReastieHorrorShow Fri 14-Oct-11 19:32:43

thanks both. That keyboard is a bargain but I know she already has one hmm . Maybe craft stuff then. I know her older sister loves craft stuff but she nver looks overly keen. She has a short attention span and seems to give up on things quickly, but I guess if she doesn't want to do it her sister might <goes off to look at ELC website>

Lilyloo Fri 14-Oct-11 21:07:37

Maybe check out toys r us then 20 % off this weekend with a code on here. I have just got dd 6 these and these have to say the beads are always well recieved and played with with her sister and friends. Even if she has them they always need replenishing.

babycham42 Fri 14-Oct-11 21:11:04

Snakes and Ladders.
Little girl jewellery/handbags
Polly Pockets
Agree with everything Whoknows said ( my 5 yr old DD loved the paint your own pony thing too)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now