Talk

Advanced search

what could you suggest for a 3 yr old boy that is happy with anything really?

(28 Posts)
groak Thu 13-Oct-11 22:15:24

DD is getting playmobil castle, so that's one main present down! However DS isn't at the age to 'want' anything really. I 've got some brio off ebay (tunnels, sheds, extra track) for his birthday, so, do i just get more brio or can some one suggest something a bit more original?

Not much info here but just thought it might be nice to see other peoples suggestions for stuff that I might not have thought of.. (no bonkers budgets please!)

scotgirl Thu 13-Oct-11 22:43:17

Problem with brio is that you have to build it! Ours lies in the box a alot.

My DS is 3.5. He got the ELC tower of doom (£37 - 1/2 price in half term sale). We are lucky as we have a play room and a play table (picked up for £10 second hand and proved vv useful) and it sits on that. He has got knights dragons and second hand playmobile castle stuff from other family members. Plays with it everyday. He has always love "small world" toys though and never been much into cars - the wooden garage has been relegated to the garage. It depends what he is into.

He likes games a lot too - Orchard toys Incey Wincey Spider & Tummy Ache is a hit as is picture dominoes. If he had his way he would make me play games all day. Again, could just be him though!!

groak Thu 13-Oct-11 22:46:41

Ds is getting the tower of g=ddom from grandparents for birthday, they got it when it was half price grin

Might wait to see how he plays with it because ds is always nicking dd's playmobil so could get him playmobile knights and stuff to go in it...

colditz Thu 13-Oct-11 22:47:56

get some TTT trains for his brio track

groak Thu 13-Oct-11 22:49:26

TTT? Doh? blush

RJRabbit Thu 13-Oct-11 22:52:03

DS has got the Imaginext aircraft carrier. It's fab (though huge) and he plays with it every day. He also loves the pirate ship Barbarossa (see amazon) and the construction site from the ELC with a crane on it.

scarlettsmummy2 Thu 13-Oct-11 22:52:18

My daughter will be three in December and she absolutely loves puzzles, she will play with them for hours. Might be good for a stocking filler, toys r us have loads.

incognitwooohooo Thu 13-Oct-11 23:00:35

Message withdrawn

OoopsWeDidItAgain Thu 13-Oct-11 23:02:18

DS will be 3 just after Christmas and we are going for a Micro Scooter. He loves whizzing around on his big sisters -doesn't seem to have the same passion for his Thomas the Tank Engine one!

peanutpie Thu 13-Oct-11 23:03:01

My son got a pirate dressing up outfit for his 3rd birthday and loved it. Also a 'Fireman case' and helmet from ELC. The fireman case has been one of the most played with things in our house, even two years later.
Has he got a kitchen/tea set/play food & that sort of thing? Again, we have got loads of use out all that stuff from my son and kids that come to play.

incognitwooohooo Thu 13-Oct-11 23:04:09

Message withdrawn

groak Thu 13-Oct-11 23:04:22

Ooh, lots of good stuff on here, thanks and keep them coming!!

incognitwooohooo Thu 13-Oct-11 23:05:31

Message withdrawn

scotgirl Thu 13-Oct-11 23:05:37

Definitely get some knights etc for the castle. We have found the playmobil ones better than the ELC centre ones which aren't articulated. The playmobil ones have horses, shields, helmets etc to play with. Get a princess too!! I got a pile from my sister's boys and would try to pick them up on ebay. And the odd dragon or dinosaur to live in the flame pit at the bottom is good too!

incognitwooohooo Thu 13-Oct-11 23:06:50

Message withdrawn

incognitwooohooo Thu 13-Oct-11 23:08:32

Message withdrawn

incognitwooohooo Thu 13-Oct-11 23:09:48

Message withdrawn

scarlettsmummy2 Thu 13-Oct-11 23:15:19

We also are going to go for a little scooter, every time we are in John Lewis its the first thing my daughter heads for.

Grainger Thu 13-Oct-11 23:19:29

My DS will be 3 in march. So far, we're getting him a 12" bike, http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3677564.htm that, one of the large chuggington aqua doodle mats and an art table thing from santa.

incognitwooohooo Thu 13-Oct-11 23:24:27

Message withdrawn

MamaPizza Fri 14-Oct-11 07:21:29

If your DS is happy with anything, have you considered the VTech Kidizoom Twist? It's currently reduced at Argos. We already got it for DS who is just a bit younger than yours and had a play with it (Who says toys are only for children? wink) and we know he will love opening it on Christmas.

scotgirl Fri 14-Oct-11 09:42:39

Mini micro scooter if he doesn't have one.

Balance bike great too - but may well play second fiddle to the scooter as it is difficult to master - but fab once they do - lets you skip the whole stabiliser stage.

Kidizoom camera good too - mine like the games - I'm not impressed with the photo quality though - video is better.

paddypoopants Fri 14-Oct-11 10:00:39

We've got DS (3) an Imaginext batcave because he's mad about superheroes and he has been harping on about it for months - I got it in the Argos sale.

I'm struggling for anything else- I did see a Build It set in the ELC sale which is like big sized plastic mecchano for wee ones- so you can build a car or a robot. I know he'd love the imaginext fire station but quite frankly I'm so over the fireman phase and it's quite expensive.

MonsterBookOfHorrors Fri 14-Oct-11 10:28:14

We have got 3 year old ds this when it was £35 last week and this which I just bought online this morning due to the price. grin
I want the tower of doom too but I need to concentrate on dd's presents now. May get inlaws to get it! smile

MonsterBookOfHorrors Fri 14-Oct-11 10:29:57

Second link is for the carry along city not the random cars grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now