Talk

Advanced search

What do your 12 year daughters want for Xmas?

(35 Posts)
georgeclooneyfan Wed 12-Oct-11 18:40:00

My daughter has a dsi,cheap mobile phone and an I pod so I am really struggling for a main present this year. She is starting to like clothes more ie superdry, hollister etc they are not that cheap to buy!and I wasn't wanting to buy her clothes her grandparents usually give her some money so she usually saves it to buy clothes. Any ideas would be very helpful thanks

QOD Wed 12-Oct-11 18:43:04

My DD is 13 the week before Xmas and wants Jack Wills, shoes, crutches (....) and those military type boots that have zips down the side.

I bought Jack Wills stuff in the sale :D in July

GrimmaTheNome Wed 12-Oct-11 18:48:22

Goodness knows - DD has enough electronic bits and she's not into clothes.

rhondajean Wed 12-Oct-11 20:00:49

DD1 is 12 two days after Christmas.

She loves music and books so all shes asked for is books and CDs. Ive got her some "designer" clothes as well(Converse, Bench, etc), and if I have enough cash/nectar points nearer the time I might get a 3DS as well, also Ive got a Pandora bracelet on order.

She hasnt asked for anything except the books and CDs, she did say she would love an ipad but knows they are too expensive,guess what shes getting for her birthday, she really doesnt think I would buy her one, cant wait to see her face :-)

rhondajean Wed 12-Oct-11 20:04:07

Should add, I never pay full price for anything, its a matter of pride with me!

KinkyDorito Wed 12-Oct-11 20:54:31

Kindle that I've picked on her behalf as I am sick of the thousand books that live in her room, and, as I've mentioned on another thread, Living Dead Dolls complete with coffins. Nice.

CroissantNeuf Wed 12-Oct-11 21:03:11

Living Dead Dolls?!? Dare I ask what they are?

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread as DD is 12 between now and Xmas and I have no idea what to get for her.

She has vaguely said "clothes, DVDs, CDs, books" but not given me any idea of specifics and hasn't asked for a main present other than an ipad/laptop but she knows that she won't be getting one of those!

KinkyDorito Wed 12-Oct-11 21:53:59

grin

Allow me to share what lives (kind of) in my house. 36 with coffins and counting. For example, I think she has all of these: lovely dolls.

For Christmas I am mostly getting her Living Dead Dollies off ebay as they are rare: cute babies. confused

She also wants the new zombie series of Living Dead Dolls. I think I'll let relatives enjoy buying those: nice zombie dolls

She is 13 and autistic. These are her obsession, and it shows no sign of wearing off. At this rate I'll need to build an extension to house all of them!

CroissantNeuf Wed 12-Oct-11 22:07:02

Scary!

I've honestly never seen them or heard of them until now.

Is your DD shaping up to be a Goth in her sense of style and dress or is it unconnected?

georgeclooneyfan Wed 12-Oct-11 22:57:11

Thanks for your ideas so for keep em coming!

KinkyDorito Thu 13-Oct-11 07:20:54

She isn't that interested in clothes. When I do take her shopping, she goes for very girly things. I've tried to goth her up a bit because that is certainly where her tastes point - she likes symphonic metal music (Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Leaves Eyes...all of whom she discovered for herself) and vampire books as well as the Dead Dolls. I think if she looks more the part, she might actually find a few allies as she hasn't really got any friends. However, she isn't fussed. I actually admire the fact that she decides exactly what she likes, and (because of autism) has never followed the crowd and wanted what other people have.

georgeclooneyfan so you're off to e-bay to hunt for Dead Dolls then?!! grin

KinkyDorito Thu 13-Oct-11 07:23:27

One thing that is interesting though is that she has shared her obsession with other girls from time to time, not friends so much, but they've gone out and bought some, even though they aren't goth in taste. She's started off a bit of a trend. In fairness, the dolls are very well made and dressed. Most people buy them and never open them as they are really for adult collectors. My daughter gets them all out and they sit on the bed watching telly with her!

hairypotter Thu 13-Oct-11 07:30:45

My dd will be 13 just before Christmas. She's not into clothes and already has all the electronic gadgets she could want. I was struggling to think of a big gift this year but as she loves music, we are getting her a keyboard and lessons which she will love.

Will still buy all the usual extras, jammies, dressing gown etc as well as books, DVDs and iTunes vouchers.

MadameCholetWasMyFavourite Thu 13-Oct-11 12:21:20

Another 12 year old DD in my house. She also has all the normal gadgets, IPOD touch last year which she loves. Although she has a semi-decent phone she has a yearning for a blackberry so am going to upgrade contract to a blackberry for Christmas and liitle sis can inherit the old phone. We went down the keyboard route for her birthday and it was well received and has been used loads all year. Her Christmas list seems to centre around Harry Potter paraphanalia (sp?), she has started collecting the official replica wands and also still enjoys the action figures and the lego. She is easy to buy lesser presents for as she had started enjoying clothes and jewellery (got her ears pierced this year)but also still enjoys less wordly things but not savvy enough yet to understand that some of the more expensive items would need to be a main present.

kslatts Thu 13-Oct-11 13:12:07

My dd has just turned 12, her birthday list included purfume, clothes, CD and jewellery.

I'm thinking of getting tickets to a concert or show for xmas, depending on whats available.

weblette Thu 13-Oct-11 13:12:59

Snowboard lessons

georgeclooneyfan Thu 13-Oct-11 16:20:42

Thanks for all the ideas my dd has mentioned she wants a blackberry she has just started secondary and apparently everyone has one and is trying to convince me that she has the most rubbish phone!kids eh!I like the sound of the keyboard and snow board lessons they are good ideas.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 13-Oct-11 16:24:34

Argh, I'm rubbish at this - DD is having some skiing lessons just because we want her to have some before ski trip, and too soon to really qualify as xmas pressie (deliberately so, the ChillFactorE is next to the Trafford Centre and you don't want to go there Dec weekends if you can avoid it!)

ChrissyHynde Thu 13-Oct-11 17:19:35

My dd 12.5 and I have the same problem. She has all the gadgets she wants curtesty of generous in laws and , bless her, never really asks for anything big so this year she's getting JLS tickets , staying in a hotel and going on the train(live miles away from Manchester). going with a friend and her daughter so should be a good girly weekend

QOD Thu 13-Oct-11 17:28:12

oh and I forgot - she's also getting tickets to "The Wanted" in Feb - she's got no clue! That's her main pressie of course

serin Thu 13-Oct-11 23:25:56

Tickets for Example
Vouchers for Miss Selfridge
Fishing gear.
Camera.
Mini camcorder.
Craft kits.
Jack Willshoody

wordfactory Fri 14-Oct-11 10:06:29

A Blackberry Torch has been requested.

As a surprise she will also receive a laptop (sick of her using mine) and some red converse and other small openers which I've yet to work out.

TheFidgetySheep Fri 14-Oct-11 17:03:30

Camera here.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 17-Oct-11 10:39:26

Well, my DD has told us what she wants for Christmas. She won't be getting it because DH has vetoed but I bet you can't guess what....

georgeclooneyfan Mon 17-Oct-11 15:32:24

Thats sounds interesting not sure how good my guess will be is it a new baby brother or sister??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now