Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have any ideas for the making of a school christmas card (will be printed)?

(15 Posts)
nowwearefour Wed 12-Oct-11 13:35:50

I would rather it conformed to the true meaning of Christmas and we have done Angels for 2 years already! Anyone know an easy way to hand print a baby or a king or anything really? or if not i will take any ideas at all! we need to prepare them this weekend!

bigbadbarry Wed 12-Oct-11 13:44:27

Our school had a thing where the children's drawings were printed onto cards - would that be an option?

nowwearefour Wed 12-Oct-11 13:51:20

yes this is exactly the same thing! i am just looking for inspiration of what to encourage for the drawing!

bigbadbarry Wed 12-Oct-11 13:55:29

Oh I am with you (wasn't concentrating). Can't you just have them draw a baby Jesus in a manger with a star? It is supposed to be cute and done by them you know, not all pro looking ;)

bigbadbarry Wed 12-Oct-11 13:55:56

(Or you can do an angel with handprint wings...though I see you dont' want angels...)

bigbadbarry Wed 12-Oct-11 13:57:07

PS Just noticed who I am speaking to! Hello!

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Wed 12-Oct-11 14:05:39

A wooden block wrapped in elastic bands/string will do a pretty good print for a manger, thumb/finger print for baby jesus' face?

Bonsoir Wed 12-Oct-11 14:10:53

Make a huge Christmas-themed line drawing and get each child in the school to sign his/her first name along the lines. Then shrink the picture to the size of a card and have it printed in black/white. That way every child in the school has a tiny bit of him/her on it!

nowwearefour Wed 12-Oct-11 19:15:57

Hi bigbadharry! thanks for the ideas- yes prob could just do a babymanger thingie with maybe a thumb print for baby Jesus' face. some ideas here! i am rubbish at this sort of thing!

nowwearefour Wed 12-Oct-11 19:17:02

oh and btw you have name changed bigbad!

bigbadbarry Wed 12-Oct-11 19:32:41

Ages ago smile

nowwearefour Wed 12-Oct-11 19:35:27

ooooh i hadnt noticed !

MonsterCherry Wed 12-Oct-11 20:38:55

how about painting a wreath with green finger prints, then waiting until it dries and drawing on a bow and berries with a pen?

eatyourveg Wed 12-Oct-11 20:57:33

what about a christmas tree and each child draws a decoration to hang on it.
Assuming you aren't talking 300 kids. ds2's school did it one year. Easy for a class of 25-30

Another year they made a christmas tree with all the childrens fingerprints. Each fingerprint labelled with their name

nowwearefour Thu 13-Oct-11 09:45:21

some lovely ideas- thank you !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now