Talk

Advanced search

stocking fillers challenge <geek> christmas BARGAIN thread

(9 Posts)
JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Mon 10-Oct-11 19:28:05

Me and dp are on a strict budget so this year I've finally had a good clear out and ebay/gumtree/facebooked away old toys and clothes and its been absolute heaven shopping guilt free.

Anyway, being the sad cow slight geek that I am, I set myself a £5 or less challenge then got more carried away and attempted £2 or less.

What kind of things do you put in?

My dcs are going to be 3 and 4 1/2

So far I've got,

Peppa/toystory stationary, sticker sets, notepads.4 lovely books (2 each) winnie the pooh/tigger wallwalkers. Dd a minnie mouse figure and ds a kelidescope and i-insect (which is really cool) and a peppa harmonica for dd All £land smile

Tesco
Dd a disney princess kalidescope for 30p ds a mini replica rugby ball £2 and a 6pack of mighty beanz jumping beans £1.25 and both of they a giant glitter aero ball 70p giant tube of smarties £1, 5bracelets and 3rings for dd £1.50

Wilkos
Mini tin of christmas biscuits buzz/tink £1.30. Wiggly snake thing £1. Pack of 100 hair bobbles £1 and 10 hairclips £1

And hawkins bizaar two wind up ducks 86p each.

Also got main pressies on deals, dds kiddiminiz £11.99 on sale argos. Ds beyblades bogof tesco £8.97 and the metal fusion stadium £2 wilkos. Ds nerf gun 2 pack of n-strike xis £14 sainsbos .
Just gotta get dds doll and I think I'm done, maybe some silly socks, character toothbrush smellies etc

So any bargains to share?

gregssausageroll Mon 10-Oct-11 20:56:41

I ventured into Poundland last week and there were loads of things in there for a stocking.

ja9 Tue 11-Oct-11 09:44:48

paper lazers are my favourite stocking filler purchase this year. VERY addicitive... I have played with it loads! I'm not really into tat in stockings.. I like to buy lots of little things that they need or can use...but i LOVE this.

Super snaps are also a fab tat present for 50 p from Hawkins too.

I got dd a lovely sparkly nail varnish from Bodycare for 99p and nail stickers for about a pound too. Bodycare is great for stocking fillers imo...for both adults and kiddies.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE stocking filler shopping...one of my fave parts of the Christmas prep!

MonsterCherry Tue 11-Oct-11 10:18:41

i picked up a disney cars candy wristband in sainsbos the other day for 48p. will do nicely for ds2

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Tue 11-Oct-11 10:20:24

<Wants a paper lazer> smile

inneedofchocolate Tue 11-Oct-11 23:16:05

I've been buying the Sun and collecting their lego sets.

So that's 30p each. I did the same last year and they are great stocking fillers.

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Tue 11-Oct-11 23:17:55

That's a brilliant idea chocolate, I collected the clipit kit in the daily mail last year, ds was 3 so a bit small for lego then, will keep an eye out or has it finished?

LovingChristmas Wed 12-Oct-11 12:23:52

Hmmm, my DSS has a PSP, and although he doesn't use it loads, he does take it on our frequent camping weekends, So PSP UMD's (films to most people) can be bought for the princley sum of £1.49 up, so four ordered for stocking filler lol

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Wed 12-Oct-11 12:55:36

That's really reasonable!

That's made me think to have a look for some dvds, we have in car players and they've had the same dvd in it for 6months, no wonder they fall asleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now