Talk

Advanced search

Hampers?

(5 Posts)
Heavymetalmater Mon 10-Oct-11 13:00:38

we normally get in laws a hamper which they enjoy but i am feeling it may be getting a bit repetative. Have tried m and s and lakeland before. Can anyone recommend alternatives? Or would it be nicer to buy a nice box/ basket and fill will nice things.

crikeybadger Mon 10-Oct-11 13:16:25

I think it would be nice to do your own. People have done a chocolate themed one for me before as well as one filled with 'local food' from their county.

That said, I did get a brochure through from Rick Stein this week and he had some rather delicious, but mucho pricey hampers in there.

Heavymetalmater Mon 10-Oct-11 13:38:28

Thanks crikey. Was thinking if i did my own i could pop some non food related stuff in as well. Looked at some websites and hampers seem so expensive for what you get.

carries Mon 10-Oct-11 19:57:51

I did a "curry" hamper for my FIL last Christams. Bought a Karachi and filled it with spices, wooden spatula, basic curry recipe book, some poppa dams, chutney & lime pickle. He loved it. Did a breakfast hamper for my friend - cereal bowl, homemade granola, nice jam & tea bags in a mug.

Thefoxsbrush Mon 10-Oct-11 20:21:05

A breakfast hamper sounds lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now