Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me find some glass bottles to decant flavoured vodka into?

(12 Posts)
ENormaSnob Sun 09-Oct-11 16:46:34

Not sure where to start.

Some nice ones on eBay but only in 500ml which is too big.

Any ideas?

PamSco Sun 09-Oct-11 16:49:14

Lakeland plastic have nice glass bottles with kleiner style lids - y'know like Grolsch? I used them last year for pressies.

Trills Sun 09-Oct-11 17:11:53

What sort of size are you looking for?

Kingsroadie Sun 09-Oct-11 17:55:53

<<lurks>> I am also on the hunt for some small glass bottles into which I will decant various flavoured alcohol. Was thinking of buying a load of miniatures and drinking decanting them and using those bottles. But I think they might be slightly too small.

trumpton Sun 09-Oct-11 18:06:09

I bought nicely shaped salad dressing bottles and emptied them into old squash bottle and ran the glass bottles through the dishwasher . I think they are 250ml bottles.Seems to be ok so far.

Trills Sun 09-Oct-11 18:12:34

250ml ones?

Trills Sun 09-Oct-11 18:13:51

Swing stopper bottles look nice

ENormaSnob Sun 09-Oct-11 20:04:00

Oooh thanks.

I like those swing top ones.

Now to find a vodka recipe grin

normaleggy Sun 09-Oct-11 21:29:26

ooh thanks Trills, been looking for jars, these look perfect! Let the pickling commence....

LtAllHallowsEve Sun 09-Oct-11 21:39:11

Ikea have Grolsh type bottles, large and small for a couple of quid, and small, med, large jars for pickling. Bought some yesterday - large jars (for pickled onions) were £2.79 ea. Think the small ones were about £1.50.

Bought the Grolsh type bottles for making Ginger beer last year, but they exploded (too fizzy!). Would be good for vodka

(hmmm, has made me want to make more dishwasher vodka, where did I put those Skittles?)

Grumpla Sun 09-Oct-11 21:40:54

I buy those lovely Fentimans Rose Lemonade as a treat for high days and holidays and re-use the bottles - they are about 270mls.

fedupdownhere Mon 10-Oct-11 00:04:50

I bought test tubes (as in those used for shots in night clubs and bars) for the skittle vodka it looks great very colourfull and a novel way to do it, each one holds approx 20mls so we used 30 for just over half bottle of vodka

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now