Talk

Advanced search

Enjoying the run-up to Christmas

(9 Posts)
LinusJ Sat 08-Oct-11 14:23:18

I must admit I love the Christmas run-up - the ads on TV, the markets, the events. I've created a Facebook and Twitter page you can follow to see how the current Christmas run-up is shaping up with fun links and videos from Christmas past and present, as well as a snow watch in the hope of more heavy snow. I hope you like it!

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Sat 08-Oct-11 21:34:57

Have liked the fb one, now off to do twitter, I LOVE the run up to christmas, all of dps family have a competition to see who sees the coke advert first smile

SunshineOnARainyDay Sat 08-Oct-11 21:40:18

Have also liked your FB page smile. I also love the run up to Christmas and have just ordered my Elf on the Shelf from Amazon. <excited>

LinusJ Sun 09-Oct-11 00:15:44

grin I'm particularly fond of the Famous Grouse ads. Short, and very very sweet!

LinusJ Mon 17-Oct-11 00:37:16

Just found the Poncetastic Christmas Thread and think I've died and gone to heaven smile

I'm just going to lurk though, as I'm obviously a complete Christmas amateur compared to these people!

Haribojoe Mon 17-Oct-11 10:35:04

Loving the peppermint bark recipe, am going to be making that this week grin, I'm so excited!

LinusJ Mon 17-Oct-11 10:50:27

Must admit I pinched that from the Poncetastic Christmas thread - it's such a simple idea that sounds so lush that I must try it. Now. If I wasn't in the office right now.

gregssausageroll Mon 17-Oct-11 13:39:57

I liked the sound of the peppermint bark recipe but what the hell are peppermint candy?

LinusJ Mon 17-Oct-11 13:46:00

Peppermint candy canes is hard candy shaped like a cane with a crook on the end, which taste of peppermint. Here's a pic of one. Incredibly bad for your teeth, and all the better for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now