Talk

Advanced search

What have the kiddies asked for this year?

(34 Posts)
sum04 Fri 07-Oct-11 16:19:21

The christmas adverts have started and the kids are constantly telling me what they would like from santa.
What toys have your kids started to ask for and what are they actually going to get?

strandednomore Fri 07-Oct-11 16:22:32

better question would be what have they NOT asked for. Every time a toy advert comes on tv I get "I want that"...I ignore mostly. It doesn't help that dd2 will be 4 two weeks before Christmas so has two lots of presents to ask for.

KinkyDorito Fri 07-Oct-11 17:30:29

Snap stranded: DS is 3 the week before and currently wants whatever is sponsoring Milkshake this week grin.

LordOfTheFlies Fri 07-Oct-11 22:21:45

DD was watching TV last week (Witches of Waverly Place or some such drivel) and every advert was for toys.

She's 9 so she recognises that the adverts really hype up the toys.Often there is animation in the advert, (so nothing like playing with it IRL) you just know it will be boring after 15 minutes or you'll be itching to take the batteries out.

DD has taken the Argos catalogue into the downstairs loo to look for Christmas presents. Means the catalogue is now officially a Bog Book. Lucky it's on-line) hmm

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 07-Oct-11 22:29:01

DS1 has asked for a chainsaw. I don't know why. I don't think he'll be getting one. He has also asked for a firebellied toad. I'm thinking about it.

DS2 has pretty much copied the Argos catalogue in his letter to Father Christmas. The one that he presented me with at 6 o'clock one morning in July.

DS3 would like the Lego Harry Potter town and trainset that he saw in the toyshop window. All of it. He's 4 so he's unlikely to get much of it.

KatharineClifton Fri 07-Oct-11 22:32:43

Transformers, Transformers and more Transformers. Most of which I have to get on the net at stupid prices.

KatharineClifton Fri 07-Oct-11 22:33:24

Haha at the fire bellied frog! You are a better santa woman than me!

Ilikepinkwine Fri 07-Oct-11 22:38:24

Monster High Dolls and lots of them.

pramsgalore Fri 07-Oct-11 22:44:27

dd1 [12] has asked for an ipad shock and buildabear, don't really know
dd2 has now asked for lalaloopsy dolls, got lalaloopsy dolls and b day 11 days before xmas so a build a bear
ds has asked for soliders and every ad on the tv!!!! got hm forces
dd4 asked for dolls of all kinds, but jumps up and down when sleepy baby annabell comes on, fifi and rosie's world, got fifi and rosies world, but b day soon so will get annabell for that.
i always buy dvd's and have already bought 4 disney ones on the bogof offer and will buy another 4 next week, if they ask for anything else i can pass thoses ideas on to family to buy

OhMyGolly Fri 07-Oct-11 22:47:46

My daughter wants a vtech diary, a digital pokeball and either a 3ds or ipod touch(hasn't decided yet) hmm.

My son wants a new scooter, a ds, probably some kind or transformer thingy or something, he is quite vague apart from the scooter and ds. Well actually he wants a new bike, even though he has a perfectly good one festering in the garden.

Son 2 is only 1, so he will be happy with whatever, but will certainly lay claim over all presents in the vicinity, and shriek in an ear piercing fashion when they are removed from his grabby little hands <sigh>.

What they will actually get will depend entirely on what funds can be marshalled in November/December. Hopefully I can get cheapy second hand/trade in ipod touch/ds and a few other bits and bobs, bulked out thanks to my friends the £1/99p shops.

OvOntToSuckYourBlood Fri 07-Oct-11 22:52:02

My DS1 (6) wants an iPad. Ha! In his dreams. I might buy an iPod touch. Might.

My DS3 (3) wants a shark toy, a "new baby" and thankfully he means a doll!, and pepper pig toys. He's easily pleased that one.

WinterIsComing Fri 07-Oct-11 23:18:40

OOTSYB we have this shark game for DS aged 4.

Tried it out and it scared the shit out of me it's really fun.

OvOntToSuckYourBlood Fri 07-Oct-11 23:28:20

Oh that is perfect! Thanks, Winter. grin

WinterIsComing Sat 08-Oct-11 00:11:46

Ah, that's good. Hope he enjoys it. I'm very glad that the new baby request only involves buying a doll!

KinkyDorito Sat 08-Oct-11 08:44:54

When DD was about 6, I used to tease her that her letter to FC would read:

"Dear Father Christmas, I have been a good girl this year, please could I have Woolworths?"

grin

I've been buying imaginext toys for DS and DD loves Living Dead Dolls. I kid you not. My front bedroom is like a morgue. They live in coffins. here

wangle99 Sat 08-Oct-11 11:55:25

DS (8 today) has asked for star wars lego and that is what he is getting. DD (14) hasn't really asked for anything (I suspect she will though!)

MonsterCherry Sat 08-Oct-11 13:32:49

ds1 wants an xbox 360 (maybe but a preowned one as not made of money)
ds2 wants um, not too sure yet
dd1 wants a scooter and a hello kitty mp3 player (getting both) and everything she see on the tv
dd2 wants a scooter and dinosaurs

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Sat 08-Oct-11 15:06:25

Ds 4.2- wants beyblades and nerf guns, which he is having, he's also asked for turbo glo buzz lightyear, not happening he already has, classic, toystory 3 spanish talking and jetpack ones!! Oh and he's recently asked for kidiminiz.

Dd is going to be 3.1- has asked for a eating baby? (Baby allgone is the only thing I can find) and a kiddiminiz which I'm getting. The baby annabell rocking carriage- grandmas providing.

I've also picked up a 2nd hand vtech vsmile motion as they're desperate to try the wii but just can't manage it, got the vsmile, 2 controlls and 3games for £20

Dds birthday is november which is peppa pig fest- house, cuddlys, backpack y'know the usual gumph!

DooinMeCleanin Sat 08-Oct-11 15:07:53

dd1: A laptop or an ipad or both hmm. She's getting a scooter.
dd2: A doll. She's getting the doll.

oldraver Sat 08-Oct-11 18:45:30

DS2 has asked for Lego Space Shuttle which my Mum bought in the WHSmith sale... then he promptly said he wanted the Rocket

He has also asked for the Lego Police Station and lots of other Lego pieces, Imaginext Mega T-Rex, Criss Cross Crash, Moon sound... yes all the Milkshake adverts

I ignored the Moonsand and we have got out all DS1's Lego so he says he doesnt need Lego now ...sigh. I'm sure it will change before Christmas and I have been guilty of 'guiding' him in the past (usually when I have bought early something he asked for)

I'm thinking of hiding the Argos book and disabling Channel 5 grin

ENormaSnob Sat 08-Oct-11 18:46:57

Ds1 (11) wants a mega bloks halo set. Nearly £100 for small plastic bits hmm We will get him that plus some bits for xbox, clothes, pjs, slippers, socks, smellies, teddy etc.

Dd (6) wants a bmx, a dolly pram and a dolly with long hair from Argos. Plus the above bits that they get every year.

Ds2 (nearly 2) wants everything he sees. He is getting fireman sam and bob the builder stuff. And maybe a wheely bug or tractor. Plus the same as the other 2 re clothes etc.

Plus a stocking each that will be filled courtesy of home bargains grin

jester68 Sat 08-Oct-11 20:54:31

My eldest who is 5 has asked for: walking dog on lead, some peppa pig stuff,play-doh ice cream shoppes, playmobil swimming pool and hospital stuff (she had the hospital a couple of years ago) . We have got all this plus some other bits and bobs. My mum has also helped out by getting some of the things we know she would like/wants.

Baby will only be 19 months old so have got her some peppa pig stuff, plus a ball popping thing which she will love.

We have actually completed the girls presents and am now just finishing off there Xmas eve hampers plus buying them an outfit to wear on Xmas day

chocolateshoes Sat 08-Oct-11 20:59:35

DS (6) has asked for a dry ice machine!!!!!!! Otherwise I have no idea what to get him apart from the latest Now CD. Help!

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Sat 08-Oct-11 21:18:41

Jester- my dcs have the ball popping thing. Its still a huge fave 3yrs later! (Great for malteasers for drunk adults)

OhMyGolly Sun 09-Oct-11 14:58:17

Oh I used to have loads of the dolls kinkyDorito, think they are at MIL's, freaked out my niece no end, she used to sidle past my room to get to the toilet grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now